I have suffered from tonsillitis and during that time the glands behind my ears were swollen. That was not the problem bc I knew why they were there but the thing is that the glands are still swollen even though tonsillitis is gone. Should I consider this being a problem?

Hello! You shouldn’t be worried if you don’t feel any soreness anymore. It happens often that the nodes don’t return to their normal size weeks after the infection has cleared. But, if you happen to develop following symptoms, you should call your GP. When your glands don’t get smaller after several weeks or continue to get larger, when they are red and tender, and hard, and if you develop fever and night sweats.

Hallo,
How long have they stayed swollen after your tonsillitis? If your tonsillitis is gone just for few days your swelling might still be present for short period of time. But if this condition is lasting longer then few days I think that you need to check this in the hospital. Maybe you will need to drain your lymph node because sometimes lymph nodes can malfunction as well. What have you been using to treat the tonsillitis? Sometimes medication can have side effects that affect lymph nodes and there is a chance that your welling is still presented because of this. You can try to massage your swelling and apply warm towels on it. I hope this helped a bit.