What is the difference between malnutrition and malabsorption? Which one is more dangerous? Can anyone explain me what does it mean? My friend has been diagnosed with Celiac recently and he was talking about malnutrition and malabsorption and I just don’t understand.

Malnutrition is described as any disorder of nutrition. this include a deficiency of nutrient intake, impaired nutrient metabolism, or over nutrition and the many causes of malnutrition include malabsorption, decreased nutrient intake, and hypermetabolism due to illness or injury. In a number of disease states, chronic malnutrition can develop and may require long-term monitoring and therapy and it is a common problem among hospitalized patients, occurring during the hospitalization course or before hospital admission. Malnutrition is associated with a longer hospital stay, increased morbidity and mortality, increased incidence of infection; and complications, including sepsis, abscess formation, poor wound healing, pneumonia, and decreased immune competence.