I have been smoking weed everyday now for 7 years, but total of 16 years, it started off only at night so I could sleep but in the last 2 years its been all day everyday. I have been having panic attacks, and my heart will never stop racing even when I dont smoke. Iv have been saying for weeks Im going to quit and the very next day a friend calls and off I go, I have told all my friends that quitting is my goal but I will always smoke just only maybe 2-3 times a year, and if I like my sober state, then I dont have to really. I just want to get my life back together, if I look back it has been a mess for a long time and I smoke to forget my day and relax, but I think it has backfired. Anyone ever go trough this or know the best thing to do? Thanks, Nicky

Hi Nikey

Seems to me that the marijuana you smoke is high grade, isn´t it?
Marijuana is a complex drug because you are not using only THC, you are usind CBD, CBN and many other substances. THC and others are fat soluble, keep stored in your fat cells. You accumulated a lot of THC in your body. When this occurs it´s like you body telling it´s enough. THC doesn´t give fatal overdose but it accumulates. You have THC all over the fat in your body incluiding brain, liver, etc and the symptoms you are describing is the intoxication. After stop using you will feel the first withdrawals like lack of appetite and a "bla" feeling. Cold sweats, insomnia, stomach cramp, muscle craps, flu like symptoms it´s all common. Considering you a heavy smoker i would say that you may have depression and anxiety when trying to stop similar to the symptoms that you are already describing....possible panic attacks. I feel physical symptoms heavy heart and palpitations, pulsating veins, high blood pressure reducing quantity....i´m taking klonopin to manage these symptoms. I would say to you to reduce the amount you are smoking....THC is a Hallucinogen, psychotic, stimulant and anxiolytic at the same time...you may feel waves of strange feeling while THC is leaving your body, and you will stink. That´s all normal. All depends of your level of intoxication. Hang in there...you will win,,,, take weeks, maybe months, like i said depends of your level of intoxication. Some people, usually those who smoke low grade weed recover in one or 2 weeks....others like me need many months because i smoked too much high grade for a long time.
Good luck my friend....try to reduce and than stop cold turkey....if you notice that cold turkey is unbearable and you are freaking out, reduce more. And go to a Therapist! That´s very important.
Try valerian to help with anxiety, don´t take klonopin or xanax without a doctor supervision.

Don´t think you will have all the symptoms of withdrawal others have, everybody is different, smoked different stuff of different stregth. It´s possible that you quit and feel better than when you were smoking consider you lucky if that happens because it´s possible...maybe just a little headache or insomnia i don´t know you need to try and see what happens. Think positive ALWAYS!

Its nice post its toching my heart so it nice post it cover all the points relatedt to heart so keep it up and include more post here. %-)

Today is day one!!! Im going to go all day without smoking!!! Thank you so much for your advice, it really helped!

Hi Nicky

How are you doing? I´m the guest that posted above, a wasn´t logged yet.

Best wishes

I am smoking a lot less but I have not gone one whole day yet. My heart is still racing 100 miles oer hour and quitting is the only way I think I can get my life together. I hate that it has this kind of control over me, but Im not giving up!

It´s a hard process for heavy smokers. I try to stay ONLY ONE DAY clean but  my heart goes crazy too and i start to feel the veins in my hands and feet burning. My head too and no appetite. But the day i will not smoke is coming up. And this day will let me thing that another day free is manageable.