I am 21 year old , ive been smoking for about 4 year now everyday, i decided to quit cold turkey , and its been just over a month now, i went through some rough withdrawl stages like drug induced depression and other things that fall into this catorgory, i have read that it take as long as 3 month for heavy users to feel 100% does anyone with previous experience or with strong knowledge comfirm this. and the second part of the question is right now fatuiged most of the day , does anyone know why this happens and how this happens , or anyone with so insight on this topic to al all , please , please let me know. most

P.s most importantly i dont wanna be tired all the time.

Wow I feel the same way. I'm 25 and have smoked since I was 12. became an everyday thing shortly after that. I have quit cold turkey about 2 weeks ago but am experiencing severley violent or just plain wied dreams that leave me feeling totally exhausted the next day. I'm moody, irretible, anxious but mostly I just can't get a good nights sleep. I have tried sleeping pills and even those only get me through about 5 hours of sleep then on to my weird scary dreams. It's a vicious cycle that I wish would just go away!! Anyone know how long this c**p will last. I need me back

yea man i went thru that too , but my depression was worst of all more then the dreams, pot dampens your dreaming mechinisem therefore when you quit, it come back with a bang, they will taper off an about 2 more weeks , but if ur suffering from depression and irritabley and aniexety ( or just not feeling your self ) it took me about 2 months , but can last up to 3 months until ur back to urslef agian.

p.s whatever you do dont start the pot agian trust me

I just started today cold turkey, nothing in 24 hrs, its hard, real hard
can anyone confirm it gets easier or harder or anything?
will I ever feel normal??
2-3 months?? long time but worth it if I can quit and feel ok..

I'm 26. I started smoking when I was 17... It was an occasional thing...eventually it grew into an every day habit as soon as I hit 20. At 22, I had a psychotic episode for a few weeks...although I also started taking Paxil back then, which can also cause hallucinations. I guess smoking weed while being on antidepressants can make you go nuts hah. It has never repeated again...I never took any anti depressants after that either. After 22, I started smoking even more weed... over 5-6 joints a day easily, 10+ on weekends. I quit cold turkey for the first time last year... I was clean for 6 months. Let me tell you, even after 6 months, I still felt weird... Although my memory and attitude started improving. I guess being high practically every waking minute for 6 years will make you feel "not normal" for quite a while. I got back to smoking this past January, thanks to some nice friends... ( misery likes company, you know). Only these past 2 months I started smoking irregularly, mainly because marijuana broke my wallet. I was a grade A student back in high school, I had the best score average in the advanced math class , among 30 or so students. As I started smoking in grade 10, my math average went from 93% to 76%, and I barely passed with 67% in grade 11. Marijuana didn't just break my wallet, It broke my dreams, It broke me. I lost my normal non smoker friends and started hanging out with other smokers, increasingly became a closed group friend, and became quite anti-social and overly anxious, borderline paranoid .I would get super excited and enthusiastic about something when I'm high... And the following day...It's gone... All I want to do is get high again so I'll feel the same. Marijuana is just a pipe dream. Everything you feel when you're high is FAKE. I see marijuana as an "amplifier" of feelings. I have been unable to keep a steady job since my smoking became chronic. I had an excellent job for my age, getting paid 20$/h. After 3 months, I quit. I just didn't care. All I cared about was when I was going to roll my next joint and get high. Direct proof that marijuana makes one dilusional, I didn't even have the capacity to think that if i quit, I won't be able to afford weed anymore. My girlfriend left me because I chose weed over her. I ended up having only 4 friends, all 4 smokers, only one of them is doing something positive about his life, but I know he can do so much more if he did not smoke. Weed is harmless? HAH, thats what someone would say when they are high.I know myself well enough to say that I can not smoke weed in moderation, So I chose to quit completely. I hope my story helps to anyone out there whos considering quiting.

don't smoke weed.

work out
-lift weights
-run
-ride a bike

study
-read books
-enroll for classes at a community college

be social
-learn how to be social again, go out weekends. clubbing etc. whatever you like
-get a good job that lets you take it easy while you are mentally recovering

be healthy mentally and physically
-eat healthy foods
-don't eat three hours before sleeping
-meditate
-when you feel you NEED to smoke go buy a swisher, black and mild or some sweet cigar and let it soak your mouth with the taste, but don't inhale. afterward go exercise

the theory behind this is if you are too busy to smoke weed, you will not. what will also motivate you not to smoke weed is, although you are not young as you were when you started, you can still feel young again by improving your physical health and sharpening your brain. trust me, not matter how bad the pain is and how long it lasts if you just dig deep inside and listen to what you know your body needs you can do it. ill prove it to you. smoke only on weekends, but follow my plan closely. eat healthy, exercise plenty, read books, make friends. cutting back from weed will make you feel excellent, your tolerance will go down so when you have a couple of hits on a weekend it will feel good again. soon, you will learn how to get high on life, and how to handle pain again. don't be a piggy be a man/woman. be patient

hello, i am a cannabis user. i usually smoke three to four doobies a day or like 6-8 bowls on average. Three days ago I quit for two weeks just so I could get more baked later on... I have problems with anxiety, insomnia, and adhd. When I do smoke, my grades go up, I fall asleep easily, and I am calmed. However, I do not believe that weed is necessarily a "good" drug. It is not harmful or addictive either. In my opinion, if you dont have the will power to quit smoking weed, then you should never drink or try a cigarette because you're extremely lazy.

Just making as many posts as i can throughout the various topics here... i have been 4 weeks free from weed.. my withdrawal only kicked in really on my second/third week. third week didnt sleep one night and have an anxiety attack in work and from then onwards generally felt depressed/lonly/uncheerful/not normail self etc etc.... these syptoms where very present from 8 days ago.. i think they might have got sliglty easier....

just looking can any1 send in any stories of a complete recovery? when do u get your normail self back?

any posts would surely help people get more confidence about quitting and withdrawal from it... many thanks

I've been clean for 4 month and to let you know that for me it started getting better after I passed 3 month, I can pretty much say that I am good now. I had anxiety attacks for the first 3 month they were not as strong as in the begining, but not pleasent at all. Now I can hardly feel it, so time heals. Just be positive and hang in there, don't be afraid u will get back to normal even better then when u smoked. You will enjoy life again as u were a kid, weed also made me careless, I would't enjoy anything but smoking, that childish happiness went away, but now it's coming back, where I love life and all the grait people in it that are close to me, where before I would sit with my pot head friends and not even pick up the phone on anyone. If u didn't smoke weed u were not my type of friend, and I was closed up from my family. Good luck, it will get so much better, weed just makes time go by fast, where u don't even get a chance to enjoy the present time.

WELL MY NAME IS JENNIFER SALAZAR AND I STAY IN NEBRASKA. I JUST WANTED TO LET ALL OF YOU WEED SMOKERS THAT WEED OR ANY KIND OF OTHER DRUG IS NOT THE ANSWER TO ANYTHING!!!! I'VE BEEN SMOKING WEED SENSE THE 7TH GRADE. AND NOW IM A FRESHMAN. MY LAST TIME WAS A COUPLE DAYS AGO, I STOPPED FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS. BUT THEN I STARTED AGAIN, I WENT ALMOST A WEEK IN A ROW. I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO STOP AND WHAT TO DO TO KEEP MY MIND OFF OF SMOKING. WHEN I DO WEED I FEEL REALLY DEPRESSED SOMETIMES AND OTHER TIMES I'LL BE MAD,ANXIOUS,HAPPY...EMOTIONAL. IT'S KIND OF WIERD. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE??!! WEED HAS MADE A LOT OF CHANGES IN MY LIFE AND I WANT IT TO STOP!!!!! PLEASE MESSAGE ME BACK EITHER TO THIS WEBSITE OR TO MY E-MAIL _[removed]_ THANKS!!!!

I have been a smoker for about 10 years now. I quit for 18 months, 2 years ago because of some trouble I got into, but I have started up again. Look, we all know what pot does to you.. you get LAZY, unhealthy eating habits are formed, you forget how to socialize publicly, which in turn depresses you because you're not part of anything anymore, you act like a jacka** when you can't have it. Marijuana is not a drug???? We love it. You could have a horrible day, you get home a take a puff, just one, and you can feel a weight lifted off of you, so you take another puff, then your eyes get a little heavy, next thing you know, you've smoked a whole joint or bowl and 2 hours have gone by and either your fridge is empty or your just waking up from "a nap". I can honestly say that the 18 months that I quit, after the withdrawls go away, and they will go away, I felt more like "me" than I had felt in years. Like another poster said, the withdrawls go away, it's just knowing what to do with the urges when your in the midst of them. Go out, walk, run do something that you used to love to do, but just forgot about. I'm not saying that smoking is bad, because there are worst things we could be doing cuz after all we are addicts. But if you feel like it isn't for you anymore, listen to your gut and quit, you'll be happy you did

Hi there, I am in the process of becoming a nutritionist. I am working on a lot of case studies and one area is people trying to quit weed, or recovering from it.

There are a couple of things that may help assist people... please look more thoroughly into it for yourself.

5htp or Holy Basil (new chapter),

Hope this helps ......

TR

Well i quit about 2 month ago after a year of smoking. and i still feel weird somtimes i feel perfect but right before i go to bed i dont want to sleep cause i feel like i wont wake up. idk what to do to feel better?

Ive just turned 19 and decided to cut down a lot. I only started smoking heavily, everyday, about 3 months ago but even before that it was regular from about age 17. I agree with a previous post, being constantly high for 3 months has messed me up. sometimes I can't remember what I did the previous weekend, sometimes the day before. I'm sure some of you will know this feeling. I've also been feeling pretty down and smoking helps me to feel better. a couple of weeks ago I decided to stop smoking during the week and i dont find it that hard. sometimes I think 'a joint would be nice right now' but its not like a craving hunger. I may be wrong but I think weed isnt addictive the way fags or alcohol is, my body doesnt need it, my mind has just got used to it as a part of life. the way I see it a dope smoker is someone who smokes as a way of life, I dont want to be that. I want to be someone who smokes dope, its not who I am it's just something I do every now and again as a treat. good luck to anyone out there who's quitting or cutting down and if your reading through these posts because your thinking of stopping, you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain.
bless.

so does anyone know when they go away how long will it take? im at 6 weeks and they still linger