i used to smoke marijuana, but for the past month and a half ive tried to quit because of what it does to your memory. im just wondering, does your memory ever come back to you? as in, you can remember things again (over a period of time of not smoking of course)?

Well, I am not so sure to be honest.

The reason is stopped smoking weed was because it started making me paranoid and have weird thought that were not so real but seemed to be real when I was high. They were not hallucinations just simple paranoia. Other things I hated were the tics I had while high. My body would always shake and I thought this was seeable although some of my friends say they didn’t notice it.

I still get these weird tics from time to time. They remind me of the smoking period. Whenever I smoke now, I become over conscious about myself and I compare myself to other and I really don’t like that.
As for the memory……I don’t know! I was never too good at remembering stuff especially stuff that happened. I had my best friend to remember things for me, so I can’t really say.

When I compare my ability to study now and then, I would say it is the same, it’s just that I am a bit older and lazier.

I have smoked pot since i was 19 (now 32) i quit for a couple years and during a vacation tried again. I felt that it did nothing and if i stopped once i could do it again. Then slowly the habit started creeping up from one a month to every day. I have had anger issues and most of my thoughts start out nice then an image of someone taking that nice thought away makes mind mind wander to violent thoughts, downright stupid delusions. Is this normal? Does it go away? I do not remember how it was last time i quit. Also when i quit last time i quit smoking cigs as well (was a pack a day smoker) i used Zyban and it worked. I was supposed to take it for 11 weeks but only took it for five or six, when my friends who were also on were having weird episodes. i found out later it was because they were drinking while taking and that is an absolute no-no while on Zyban. Now i am 5 days cold turkey (after a very heavy smoking period of two weeks where i had about 6-10 joints a day). My question is does all these symptoms go away will i have permanent mental damage?

Congrats on day 5 Im on # 9 and yes it does get better. I still feel wierd and will for a few weeks, but i feel like eating more food now and all around better. Stick with it and you can do it.

ps
I had the same problem I quite and then started back up the same way you did. Lets both promise not to do that stupid mistake again, right!

it totally depends on a number of things, what your memories like originally, are you studying much, are you eating healthily, are you exercising, how strongs the weed your smoking, how much are you smoking, do you take anything else besides weed on a regular occasion, etc. etc. etc.! you cant just put it down to simple yes or no..ive been addicted to weed for 3 years now..smoking almost every day ..at least 3 or 4 big joints a day..ive noticed my short term memory only comes back when i stop smoking for a few days..but my long term seems unscathed..i remember stuff from when i was 4! so yeah if your worried..take a few days off n see what you feel like after that..oh and i take gingko biloba tablets, natural remedy for boosting memory and conentration, ive noticed a big difference from it! people around me dont generally notice my forgetfullness now..cause i keep on the ball! dont let weed bring your life down if you have to smoke it..just work around it..eat healthy exercise ..take care of your body cause its never too late!