Hi I'm here because I think I may be pregnant after having a tubal. As far as I know they were tied right after my c-section with my daughter. On 5/30 an 5/31 I had sex with my boyfriend and ovulated areoung 6/1. on 6/5 I went to the emergency room because I was having dizzy spells. nausea, and extreme constipation. I also noticed that my stomach was sticking out a little so they did a urine and it was negative. The Doc also said that some STD's can cause a slowed digestive system so I wa schecked for those and they wre also negative. I had pap smear done to rule out cancer and was also cleared of this. They told me if it was too early it might not show up and if I still had symptoms then to retest in 2 weeks. My June period was on 6/14 which was 2 days early and I was shocked to see was appeared to be brown discharge not blood. It had no odor and I only saw red when I wiped myself. This continued for the entire day. The next day 6/15 I bleed like a period with light blood and cramps. I never get cramps it always just comes and goes. I do get an increased appetite and pimples. This lasted for 5 days and my period is normally 7. So that Thursday 6/18 I took 2 blue dye early result pregnancy test and they were both positive so I made a Doctor's app for 6/24. I had sex with my boyfriend on 6/21 early in the morning and once I woke I saw blood when I wiped myself. This is odd because I have never bleed after sex before. Then later on that day around 3:30 pm I noticed streaks of blood in my discharge. I've never had this happen before either. At the 6/24 appointment the urine is negative and the doc told me that when when your tubes are tied it is for life even though some do fail. That sounds like a contradiction to me then he doesn't even bother to draw blood because he said that tests are so perfected these days it's unlikely to get negative urine and a positive blood even though I know he is wrong. On 6/23 I noticed what felt like contractions ontop of my vaigina and on either side of my abdomen but mostly on the right. They didn't really feel like cramps because it was a sharp stabbing pain. He told me that this was probably ovulation but I'm not due to Ov until 6/29 so there's almost a week difference. I'm still constipated even though it is getting better, at night I have to pee right after I just used the bathroom, I eat a lot somedays and other's I feel sick to my stomach. I have dizzy spells and my stomach is bigger than it usually is which was weird for me. I also have to nap during the day and by 9pm I am yawning and feel tired. I feel pressure in my stomach like something is weighing it down and have never felt this before. My boyfriend also thinks that I am because he saw the tests and he noticed that my stomach was bigger. He also was throwing up and sleeping alot. I'm so confused.... Please help.....

Dear Courtney: A tubal ligation is NOT 100% effective at stopping a pregnancy. The chances are just under 1% in the 1st couple of years, and actually increases to just under 2 % after 5 or more years!! What you need to be aware of is that IF you become pregnant after a tubal, the chances of the pregnancy being an etopic are very HIGH. So I am worried that your original test might be right! You need to ask for a pelvic ultrasound and another urine or better yet blood test to determine. I wouldn't take no for an answer if I were you.

Etopic pregnancies can be life threatening. So I would want you to get checked out ASAP! Just to make sure that it is NOT that OK? Good luck and health, and please let me know what happens OK?

I agree with what bambi has posted because it sounds like it is fully possible that you did get pregnant despite having a ligation so I hope that you are able to go get some confirmation from your doctor and yeah, don't stop until you get enough of an answer to be satisfied! Please keep us posted on this because I know it can be a pretty difficult thing to go through and I'm sure it's hard for you but we'll be here to help out okay? Let us know. :-)

I am proof that tubal ligation's are not 100%. Tubal ligation 6/26/99 Positive test 10/23 & 10/24 2008. I knew something was wrong as I have been preg 3 other times. You must find out what type of ligation you had because there is more then 1. I had the Palmroy method. Now I did have extenuating circumstances (kidney donation) which is abdominal surgery and can cause things to happens as I believe happened to me. If you like to know more feel free to ask questions. I was told that I would have to use BC as I could get preg again. I have decided not to use bc as I hope to get preg again. Right now we are in the waiting game my LMP 5/22/09 my next cycle was due 11 days ago I am waiting until 7/4/09 to test.