i've taken the medical abortion on 1st of march, and it's almost been three weeks, the home pregnancy test result is still positive. ( i haven't had sex after abortion)

what's going on here? when can the test result turn to negative or is the pregnance not yet passed out?

A pregnancy test will show positive for about 4 weeks after an abortion, so be patient.

A FOLLOW UP visit to an abortion clinic is MANDATORY with abortion by pill, so you should have had a follow up.

IF you did not go, make one ASAP.

i went to my GP on friday and had a blood hcg test. i didn't go back to the hospital which i had my abortion done because the doctor said he had checked on what i passed out on the day and quite sure it was done. So in that way, my follow-up appointment was set with my local clinic. I haven't had the blood test result yet. .. just wondering, will the blood test show negative while urine test show positive?

I WAS 8 WEEKS WHEN I HAD ABORTION I BLEED A TINY BIT THE FIRST DAY AND THEN NOTHING. ITS BEEN A FULL MONTH NO PERIOD NO CRAMPING STILL TIRED ALL THE TIME, MY STOMACK IS BLOATED OUT LIKE IVE GAINED WEIGHT. AND ITS NOT GAS !!! TRUST ME I HAD GAS WHEN I HAD BEBE IN ME LOL !!! AND I DONT GOT GAS NOW. I WAS SEVERLY SICKBEFORE I GOT ABORTION AND ABOUT 3 DAYS AFTER I WAS COMPLETELY NORMAL...
JUST IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS IVE BEEN NOTICING MY STOMACH GROW...I WENT FOR PAPS AND EVERYTHING IS FINE NO INFECTIONS I DID PEE TEST IT WAS NEGETIVE. BUT I GET THIS FEELING LIKE SOMETHING IS IN MY STOMACH IT STIS IN THE RIGHT SIDE, I CAN PRESS IN THE SPOT WHEN I KNOW ITS THERE AND I SWEARI FEEL SOMETHING MOVING AROUND HARDER SUBSTANCE. WHEN I WALK I CAN FEEL IT MOVE SOMETIMES BUT MORE OR LESS WHEN IM LAYING DOWN I CAN FEEL IT MOVE ???? AM I GOING CRAZY??????????????????I FEEL NUTS BUT I SWEAR A BEBE IS IN THERE

Hi, im kinda going through the same thing and wondering if you can give some advice? I had a medical abortion on september 25th. I bleed normal during the day for first week and a half but while i was sleeping it gushed out like a faucet. only gushing while sleeping though. then about two weeks after abortion for two days in a row i would gush blood then pass lemon size clots the gushing would start and stop. after that happened the bleeding slowed down to like a light period. it has ben three weeks now and there has ben no break in bleeding so dont know if i have got my period. went to post op today and to make it short i was soo ful of pee i almost wet my pants and doctor said my bladder wasnt full!!!!! he also said in a rude manor "I dont have time for this" so not being able to hold it any longer they told me to pee and sent me away without seeing ultrasound! when i got home took preg test and still positive! no morning sickness, breast almost back to normal, no cramps just the slight ache when push hard on uteris, bleeding very light. does this sound ok? I dont want to see that doctor again! im kinda scared of pregnancy test being positive! thanks for your time!

Icebreaker wrote
i am really worried about my girlfriend after her abortion. 
she took the pregnancy test yesterday which  was 2 days under the 3 week limit.  the test sowed positive and now she is very worried and thinks she is pregnant again.  after the pegnance we didnt have sex unti the 8th day by which she was on the pill for the 8th day.

is it possible to get some advice on how i can reassure her that taking the test up to 4 weeks after an abortion will still show positve please
thanks

hi, when i read your post i feel relax now. btw, i had abortion 3weeks back and today i took pregnancy test and still showing positive, im thinking to go to the doctor for check up to be sure but i just dont want to get things complicated coz maybe they will ask if i had miscarriage or abortion,but ofcourse i shhould not say all these... but when i read your post that the pregnancy will show positive about 4weeks, so i think i should wait since today is my 3rdweek.. what do u think i should do? can u please advice me? really i am confuse now.. thank u!

I was turning 6 weeks when i found out that i was pregnant. I had a medical abortion last 19 November and today is my 3rd week after my abortion. So i tried to do pregnancy test at home and it turned out to be positive. In that span of 3 weeks i have mild fever and feeling sick but all bearable until i became almost fully recovered now. I am very much worried that I am still pregnant. I wanted to have a check up but i am leaving in a country that is not legal if you are not married. Please advise if i should wait and try again or what should be the symptoms if i am having a continued pregnancy as i feel like i am back to my normal body.

Thank you.

i've taken the medical abortion and it's almost been two weeks,and the second abortion for the same pregnancy and the home pregnancy test result is still positive. And have also been having on and off bleeding bleeding now for about two months and have also been having sex but my husband don't even discharge in me.

what's going on here? when can the test result turn to negative or is the pregnance not yet passed out

Hi i went to the clinic last Tues. for follow up visit co'z im way to scared if the surgical abortion is become successful then when i talk to the nurse she ask me if whats going on i said i still feel pregnant then she said they take a urine test and says negative is that mean that i'm not pregnant anymore?

Two months after an medical abortion still positive and no period .why?

I went through the same stuff and I swear I thought I was crazy !

I am going through this now, I was told to take a test (and given a "special one") two weeks after my medical abortion, it came back positive but I took it lightly as my body went back to normal pretty quick, boobs went down and stopped hurting, belly went down, constant hunger and nausea went away.....
Now 4 weeks after my abortion I am going mental and I swear my belly is growing! I have no other symptoms.
I'm too scared to take another test, I am going to wait a few days (wait to finish my contraceptive pills and see if period starts).....
I swear it's either bloating because my period is dying to start, or my pregnancy wasn't terminated...
I am going absolutely mental but I am sooooooo terrified to take another test in case it shows positive again

its my aboryion is not completed after 4 weeks

I used natural way(by eating Papaya, pineapple, seasame seed) abortion method, I got success. when I should do pegnancy test.