this is one of my previous posts...

kna94 wrote:

I am 15 years old. The only sexual contact I've had was with my friend who fingered me. I don't know if this has anything to do with that. I'm really scared and I don't know what's going on. My vagina is really itchy and it's painful. It's red on the inside folds or whatever and everything is swelled up. The vaginal discharge is this yellowish color. I don't know what to do. Is there anything I can do to make the pain go away or for it to stop itching? Will this go away on its own or will I have to go to the doctor? What do I do? Please help me. I am freaking out and really embarrassed. Someone please, please help me.

I don't know if it's getting worse or what...that's how it's been for a few days. And now...
One of my inner folds, inner lips, whatever you want to call it is swelled up really bad. I know it's normal if one is bigger than the other...but this isn't normal. I know what I normally look like. It hurts if i even sit a certain way or even if i walk normally. I feel disgusting and just uncomfortable. Something is wrong. I dont know what to do. I am scared. I've always been scared of the doctor so I haven't been there in a long long time and I can't really talk to my mom or anyone about this...or how to even ask to go to the doctor. I don't know what to do...Any advice? Can someone tell me what's going on? What should I do?
Please reply.

If you are swelling up and you have a painful itching or something, you should really go see a doctor. I can tell you that this is not going to go away on its own. Now please realize that it is something you can talk to your doctor about--they see much worse every day and it's easier to get this taken care of sooner rather than later. You don't have to tell your mom why you're going to the doctor though. Does that sound like something you can do? Keep us posted.

Hi there, it looks like it's been a few days since you've last posted. Has the swelling gone down or have you been able to see a doctor? I'd like to know because it sounds like you were very distraught. Please keep me posted, okay?

Considering that you haven't had sex it is doubtful that you would have some sort of STD. But it definitely sounds like you have some sort of vulvovaginitis (probably something bacterial). It's hard to tell what kind of infection you have without going to the Dr and having a culture done. It is possible for bacteria to be introduced to the vagina by fingering especially if he scratched you or anything like that. It's also possible that you could have something as simple as a yeast infection which you can buy medicine for at any drug store.

I am not sure where you live but you could always go to a clinic like planned parenthood. You don't have to have insurance there and they do not release any information to your parents.

If I were you I would try buying some vagisil or monistat over the counter and applying that. If that doesn't help at least go to a free clinic to have it looked at.

I know it can be embarassing but Dr's see much worse than this all the time and infections/irritation like this are very common. But you don't want to mess around with your reproductive organs so I would get it checked out.

Good luck!

Celebrity
I agree with Kelly. I think it's bacterial... perhaps yeast infection or sth bacterial. Sometimes this things clear up by them selves, but I believe it is best to go to the gyn, hon...
She or he will give you either vaginal antibiotics or topical creams - and in a matter of a week or sooner you will be just fine...

This things happen... and there is nothing to be ashamed of...
Besides - considering sexual activity... since you are starting a 'new phase' in your life, you should know that regular check ups with your gyn are important. Once a year ... this is the way it goes... you go to the dentist at least once a year, and yeah - you need to get checked 'down there' too... And believe me - it will be nothing new to your gyn (btw - choose female doc if possible - it may feel less embaressing for you... ) - nothing that she hasn't seen before... besides ... these check ups usually take not more than 2-5 minutes, so please don't worry... Okay?