I'm new to this board. Frankly, I've never posted to any board before. I've always been able to find answers based on other people's posts if I've ever needed to know something. Unfortunately, I have some problems now that I don't even know where to begin. I'm really hoping someone might see the symptoms I have and offer help on what my problem could be. :-| Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!

To begin, I struggle with several health issues: Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Asthma (normally, only when the weather is really cold or due to heavy physical exertion), allergies and possible IBS.

About a year ago, I had a large tumor removed from my neck that was non-cancerous. It had to be separated from a lot of nerves in my neck. The surgeon was worried about possible loss of function in one of my arms/hands and possible loss of sight in one eye due to the tumor being on my optic nerve but thank God, it turned out well.

The only thing I still struggle with from that surgery is that I have a slight case of Horner's syndrome. It has gotten better over time so I'm still hopeful that I will recover completely. The surgeon said he expected me to make a "full" recovery from that but it might take over a year which it has been.

Sorry about having to give all that background information but I didn't know if it would mean anything to someone reading my post. Here is my issue: I've been having serious issues with feeling completely drained, sore everywhere, tired, headaches, heavily congested and general feeling of just being unwell. This has been going on for quite some time now. :-(

At first, I thought it had to do with the tumor I had so was hopeful it would halt once the tumor was removed. After the tumor was removed, I thought maybe I had some nerve damage that had to heal due to the tumor As more times goes on, I'm wondering it it's something altogether different? Over the past year, I've put on about 30-40 lbs. I was always a thin person. Even too skinny at times.

I always had an over abundant amount of energy and barely ate because I was barely hungry. I know Fibromyalgia can cause a lot of fatigue but I was diagnosed with fibromalgia within only the last couple of years because of complaining about these symptoms.

Here's the kicker: Since I put on weight, I've been dieting using protein shakes and bars like those offered by Slim-fast, Special K and Atkins. Luckily, I've lost ten lbs so far and I've noticed that if I ONLY drink the shakes and eat the bars all day, I feel good! As soon as I eat a real meal (I even eat those diet meals like lean cuisine, weight watcher's and michelina's), I start to feel bad.

Overall, I eat pretty healthy including fruits and vegetables. I even eat an apple everyday. I take one day off from my diet a week and after eating food for a day, I feel miserable again needing a day or two to get my energy back! I'm wondering now if I have some issue with food and that is why I never had these issues in the past since I was always thin and didn't eat a lot I truly feel like I have "some" issue with food but I don't know what?

I've looked up allergies to food and it's not peanuts or seafood or the normal things like that. I also looked up Celiac disease and wheat allergies but I would think those would not apply since I can eat the slim-fast meal bars/snacks and still feel good.??? ? I really hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I do have a primary care physician and specialists I already see but my husband recently was diabled froma work injury and I no longer have health insurance.

I'm already spending SO much for health services and I can't afford to have my doctors send me to test after test trying to figure out what's wrong. I know that is what I will have to do if no other option but if someone else might know something that might be wrong with me, at least that could give me a direction to go in to save money.

If I could qualify for government medicaid or something I would but they say we don't qualify for anything other than me getting help AFTER I pay over $1500 "every month" for a deductible! Trust me, we don't make a lot of money so all I can figure is that only people that are in the low poverty levels can qualify. I guess the poverty level we are in isn't low enough to qualify?

Again, ANY and ALL responses are greatly appreciated. I just want to feel like myself again. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my post. I know it is long and people have a lot to deal with in their own lives so I really appreciate your time.:-)

Sincerely, CarrieAnn

i think your stressing your body out a little so if your going to do that dieting stuff try having at least one NORMAL. meal 

your body just needs to get used to that but if your going to mix up your meals it will mess with your stomach

Thanks so much for replyingTalacakes. The problem is that I was eating regular meals. It wasn't until I happened to use just the slim-fast shakes and meal bars for a day or two that I started noticing how much better I felt. Then, I started experimenting a day on and day off with that method. Everytime I eat regular food, I don't feel well. That's why I'm saying that I really believe it's something with food but I just don't know what?

When I drink only the shakes and eat the meal bars, it's about as close to feeling like my normal self than I have felt in 2-3 years. That's how long I've been battling the fatigue and sickly feelings. Like I said, once I found out about the large tumor, I thought that was the reason. Then, I thought it might be nerve damage from the tumor. Finally, I came to the conclusion that it's food only through much time and experimentation. I just don't know "what" in food is causing me these problems?

Oh! I almost forgot to mention this as well: It's not stomach issues that's causing me great distress. It's fatigue, a general feeling of sick like drained of energy and soreness all over my body. Even the IBS possibility I mentioned is only a possibility because of the many medications I have to take for my bladder. Thanks again for your response.

If I could find that out, I will cut it out of my diet and go on with a happy life. :)