hi i was just diagnosed with median arcuate ligament syndrome also know as celiac artery compression syndrome . i was wondering if anyone can tell me about it.. there's not too much on the internet about it. im meeting a vascual surgeron in a few days but im just curious now. has anyone had this? or had surgery to fix it and if so whats the recovery after? 

I was diagnosed with this last week and see the surgeon again in 2 days. What did they do for you? I cannot find anything either on this subject and quite frankly, I am terrified. I have been going thru being in the ER for months on end and finally just insisted on a CT scan. That's when they finally diagnosed me with a severe stenosis.  ANYTHING you could tell me would be most appreciative.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I just had an open surgical release of my median arcuate ligament in August 2013.  My MALS symptoms have all been relieved since the surgery.  I am still in the recovery process though, having a bit of muscle spasm from my abdominal muscles which is being controlled still with pain meds.  It is a bear of a surgery to go through.  My incision is from xiphoid to almost my pubic bone.  It'll just take time for those muscles to heal and to get back to non-hurting status I guess.

Hi, I was diagnosed with this last Fall and quite honestly I am scared to death. Where did you have your surgery done? How long is it taking you to recover? Yes, I know everyone is different. I have no family to help me and this has ruined my life. Welcome anyone's input! Thanks