I’ve been doing some research on OPLL (Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament) of the spine. What amazed me was the information that OPLL is most common in the Japanese population and in the cervical spine. I would like some comments and opinions on this. Thanks.

I am familiar with that fact. Back in 70’s the Investigation Committee for OPLL, under the auspices of the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare, established diagnostic criteria for the condition, and with growing awareness of OPLL among Japanese researchers and spinal surgeons. However, the number of patients diagnosed with the condition in Japan has increased in recent years.Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament is a hyperostotic condition of the spine with severe neurological deficits. There has also been an increase in the number of reported cases of the condition in other parts of the world: Asia, the United States, and Europe.

My father had suffered an accident last month and doctors say that he is suffering from OPLL.Symptons are:numbness below neck.
Is there any treatment in India or will it take time for recovery as the doctors over here have mentioned.

I have OYLF with Vit. D definence Rickets. In 1997 I was told there was one other person that had this disorder. This person was in Japan. My Doctor spoke with a Dortor in Japan before he operated on me. My 1st operation was in oct.97 my last operation was Jan.2001. I had ten durning that time.