Hi, I am 28 years old, and I have a strong pain in the abdomen, around the belly button. I went to a doctor yesterday and she told me that I have IBS-C. I found that weird because I never had these kinds of problems, and I have a regular bowel movement. So I went to another doctor this morning and he told me that I probably have appendicitis. This scared me even more. What should I do?

If there is a chance that you have appendicitis, you have to be treated immediately! Waiting could be fatal! Abdominal pain, around a belly button and the lower right area, can occur in both cases-when you have IBS or when you have appendicitis. But it is a doctor’s job and responsibility to diagnose you with the right condition. Don’t wait, ask for the third opinion! An inflammation of the appendix can be cured if you treat it properly and on time. If you wait to long, it could burst and cause infection or death. However, IBS is not that serious as appendicitis, but there are treatments for this condition too. They include most often dietary advice and medication.