I just turned 48 on Sunday.  My periods are always on time but the past 4 months have been very heavy.  I had my tubes tied in 1996 and the tubal failed and I had an ectopic pregnancy.  Once that was removed I had my tubes tied again, also in 1996. 

I had been experiencing night sweats over the past year in addition to some other perimenopausal symptoms.

My period was due on Sunday, however starting the 22nd I had spotting all week, it stopped on Monday and today, Thursday and I am seeing it again.  I feel sick but it could be from nerves, as this is driving me crazy.  I also am having some cramping and feel pressure under my abdoman.

I need some reassurance that this is perimenopause and not pregnancy.  I am in no position to have another baby.

your not pregnant i go through this also your at start of menpause with night sweats etc spotting the best thing to do is pop along to your gp he can give you full examination do some blood work give you something for sweats etc hope this helps hope your beter soon xx

I am 99.9% sure you are in menopause. I had a hysterectomy may 20th and I'm having the same symptoms. The spotting is normal with menopause and at your age this is to be expected. I hope you feel some relief but I agree with lynn burton that you should see someone but I think a gynecologist would be better able to serve your needs.

Thank you, My insurance does not kick in until July 1st.  I hope it stops soon and yes I do feel some relief, I just wish I felt better