I am 33yrs old and i had a tubal ligation 10 1/2 yrs ago after a c-section. The past couple wks. i have been having pg symptoms. First certain smells have been making me gag, i have been geting sleepy earlier, my AF is due any day but on Sat. 9do? i had some pink spotting just once when i went to the bathroom, lastnight Sun. i started having back pain like Af was coming then today Mon i started cramping right above pelvic bone like Af was coming but nothing and i dont even get cramps when i come on. Then i remembered that my menses was strange last month on the 11 or 12 of Sept. that eve i had some bleeding i thought it was AF because i dont bleed heavy but it was'nt it went away then a day later it came back last 2 days. I dont know whats going on my tubes are tied so i cant be pg! Can someone help????

It is possible to get pregnat with your tubes tied. The oly thing I would know 2 do is take a PT & take it from there...

Hello, I had my tubes tied just a little over 5 years ago and I am having pregnancy symptoms too. I said the same thing, that I can't be pregnant. I have been sleepy, having lower back pains, and I was cramping in the very same place today, 7/7/09. I am still having my period and my periods are also strange, they only last a couple of days then that is it. I would like to know the same answer, AM I PREGNANT OR COULD I BE PREGNANT???? I am going to the doctor tomorrow 7/8/09 to actually get checked to see if I am pregnant. I was told by someone that you can still get pregnant with your tubes tied, and that for 5 years they are 99% and after 5 years they go to 98%. Take care and hope everything works out for you.

How did your test turn out?

I have been experiencing pregnancy symptom for the past month. I have gained 8 pounds in a month, mood swings, breast are sore all the time, go to the bathroom alot, have cravings here and there, tired all the time, have gotten sick a few times but still had my period last month. I am almost a week overdue but have had cramps like the ones you get when you have your period but still no bleeding. I have been waiting to see if maybe it is just late...could happen. I have been to my doctor once and he told me that there is no way i would be pregnant because my tubes were tied and the chances are very slim. Needless to say he wouldn't do a pregnancy test. My tubes have been tied for about 4.5 years now. I hear after a certain length of time your tubes can heel. I have 2 kids of my own and my boyfriend has 2 also. We have been together now for 3 years. I did a store bought pregnancy test just after my symptoms started and it said negativebut day by day there is more and more symptoms. Do you think it is possible that i might be pregnant? If so...do you think i should do a store bought test again?

Hi - i have also had my tubes tied like 5/6 yrs ago and i am experiencing pregnancy symptoms and the other day i had some xrays done and they found something extra - of course they couldn't tell me what it was and suggested i go see a female doctor - i have an appointment today - funny thing is i have been having a lot of Motion Sickness - i have gained a lot of weight here lately and my boobs are sore but i have been having periods i had my last one last week and there was nothing unusual about it - my stomache actually seemed bigger this morning - i couldn't even button my pants all the way up - and i think i wore these pants last week and i could button them - i have been eating less this past week but my stomache seems bigger - i wonder if what showed up on the x ray is a baby??
i have also been really really tired - lots of symptoms -- hopefully i will find out something at the doctor today but was hoping someone out there reading has an answer?

8-|

Has anyone gotten any answers to this post? I too am having the feeling of pregnancy. I had my tubes banded 6 years ago. I have gotten my period, I think, for the past couple months but it is very irregular. I usually get it the first week of every month, like clockwork, and it usually lasts 5 days no less but the last couple months it has been in the middle of the month and maybe 3 days tops. it also has been very light. I have taken home tests and they have come up negative but, of course, my doctor won't do a test because "I had my tubes banded." I am concerned. If it isn't pregnancy, what is it?

Hello. I had my tubes tied 9 yrs ago and here lately i have symptoms like i might be pregnant. I already have four kids. Is it possible i could be pregnant or is it all in my head.

anonymous wrote:

Quote:

I WISH I HAD AN ANSWER IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING YOU GOING THROUGH IM LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TO IM SICK EVERYDAY ALL DAY.

I had that years after having it done. It would last for 2-3 days and was a mild flow. I loved it. I notice that mine seem to change all the time

hi i am having the same problem, i last had my period on may 26 2012 and then a few wks later i started having pregnancy symptoms i took about 5 test for about 1 ever other day and got a positive  i had my tubes cut in 2007 after i had my son, i was 4days late for my period this month and i noticed on the 5th day i wiped and got orange redish spotting and i have never had that so i thought maybe it would go away but it only got more and changed it color its dark but i dont no if its my period cause i have always had heavy periods and i am not having that naw i am having what i would call a medim cause i have had no pain but some back pain thats all i had a blood test done and they said it said no thats all they would say so yea

my situation is just like yours, Im having nasea, bloating, fatigue appetite is funny and terrible back cramping and my cervixs is sensitive. Ive not done hpt but had blood test. It was a rushed test because the urgent care was closing but they cant seem to explain all these symptoms Im having. I had 2 ligations, the first one after a c-section in 97 then tide again in 99 after a vaginal birth. my cycle was the first night very light spotting then part of the next day, then just very little brownish pink when i wiped for like 3 days after that...Im not sure but I know something is wrong

i would take a home pregnancy test just to see if maybe it could come back as positive cause i took one while i was spotting and it came back as positive so i beleve i am pregnant and the only problem is getting a dr to beleve me cause the blood test came back as neg so yea and naw i am not having light bleeding again like spotting i have always heavy pd every sents the first day i ever had one and this isnt that i just dont no what this is i hope u find out soon cause i no its killing me just not knowing and i no it is probly doing the same to u and my husband said my boobs are bigger and that only happends with me when i am pregnant

Hi, we must have had a mental conversation 10 1/2 years ago because your story is identical to mine. The first time after having my tubes tied and feeling pregnant was in 2004 when I was 9 weeks late; next it was in 2006 when I was 7 weeks late; and the last time was in 2009 or 2010 and 6 weeks late. Each time I tested, they all came up negative. Now, I am not late, but had a period that lasted for two days and just stopped cold turkey. I am tender in my breasts, I been vomiting, smells making me gag, and just the whole pregnancy bag of symptoms. I don't know what is going on! My husband and I have discussed having another child (tubes were tied because of hyperemesis=severe vomiting and hospitalization), which makes the symptoms be pleasant, but seemingly impossible. My husband had a vasectomy 13 days before I was tied. We are both having things undone to have another child, but the symptoms are driving me up and down the wall. Know that as you sit confused, you are not alone!!

I know 5 people who have had surgical sterilizations, who later had babies. One was a woman I worked with; she had her tubes tied and 14 years later was pregnant again. All the rest were men, one of whom was my husband - 20 years after he had a vasectomy I became pregnant and we've had 5 more children since. We know 3 other men who've had vasectomies and later became fathers after 15-20 years. One actually divorced his wife because she became pregnant, then his new girlfriend became pregnant so he had a sperm test done and found out his wife hadn't lied to him like he thought. The percentages that they give for surgery as contraception are way off.

I know exactly what you are going, same thing us happening to me. Even had my breast sore for two weeks. I need answers too.