I am 49 I had only one pregnancy 30 years ago. After that one, I had never been pregnant again. This last year I started to have irregular period, 2-3 weeks late. Now, my last period was Sept 24, I had one spotting and cramping around November 2nd . I have not had my period since then. I had two home pregnancy test one positive and one negative, now we are in December, and still have no period. Could it be menopause or pregnancy? I have some hot flashes, and I feel irritable, tired and some headeaches in the mornings. Please need some advise.

It would be best if you saw a gynecologist and had a blood test done. The symptoms could be indicating both menopause and pregnancy. It would be best to check for the hormonal levels and see what's happening.

Hello Morena, 

as DanDans already said, all the symptoms, from irregular bleeding to irritability and hot flashes, are the signs of some hormonal imbalance and it probably will be necessary for you to see the doctor to find out what exactly is going on. Especially because home pregnancy tests are giving these results. Did you make sure to take them at least two weeks after the last time you had unprotected sex?
On the other hand, before you go into menopause, the first sign you usually do experience is that your periods first become irregular, before they completely stop. So, even the gynecologist won’t say you’re into menopause before your periods have beed gone for a year, but this might be the start of it.

You are probably pregant! you need to see a doctor right away!