okaii so my period was 5 days late but on friday i got my period and it came with cramps more painful than usual. the first day of my period was normal like always and then later on that night my period got lighter and it had a pinkish color the next day it came back bright red. i think im pregnant even though i got my period. my question is will  my hpt results be accurate if i take the test after my period?

Hi Mrs. Monkey,

Your period will not effect the accuracy of the test.

It is unlikely you are pregnant from your description however.  While some light bleeding would be normal that's not what you're describing. 

The fact that there was also cramping and it was more painful than usual indicates the possibility that you were pregnant and had an early miscarriage.  This is much more common than you would imagine.

What did the test results say?

Good luck.

thanx for your response but i read online that a sign of an early miscarriage is that "The bleeding might have more clots than a menstrual period; the clots would look like tiny lumps in the vaginal discharge." and i don't have that do u still think its a possibility that i had an early miscarriage?

Please note, I said "possibility.

You "might" have more clots. Remember, you'd only be a week or two along and it really isn't much more than a collection of cells at this point, maybe 1mm in size.

If it was very light spotting, then I wouldn't be concerned. You indicate that it started like your past periods and when it came back it was bright red. Bright red is fresh blood, not normally from implantation, but from "low" in your reproductive organs, uterus or vagina.

It's early to say for sure what is happening. Your period started two days ago, see how it continues.

Forgive me if I sound negative. It's just that you need to be aware that it is early and that things can and do happen.

I do wish you good luck.

thank you this has been really helpful! and i will continue monitoring my period to see how it goes!