Hi, my thigh hurts very much on one side, so I went to a doctor. He told me that this could be a meralgia parasthetica. This name doesn’t mean much to me, so if anyone knows something about this disorder, please give me some advice!

Hello, this condition can be spelled differently: paresthetica in American English, and parasthetica in international English. This is a chronic neurological disorder featuring a single peripheral nerve. The lateral femoral cutaneous nerve usually becomes stimulated by bone, muscle, tendon or ligament. When it’s compressed, you have a burning painful, sensation on the outer side of the thigh. The other symptoms are tingling, numbness and aching. This is usually happening only on one side of the body, and sometimes it can extend to a knee. You can diagnose this disorder with x-rays if there are any bone abnormalities. Doctor will probably tell you not to wear tight corsets and heavy tool belt, because it pressures your leg, and it might increase the pain.