Hi. I am a 25 years old single mom. And I had an addiction problem. I was on methadone during my pregnancy, and I gave birth to a baby boy. I am clean now, but I don't know what impact will that have on my son’s health. He is eight now, and he is in good health. I know that I was irresponsible, but I've changed now, and I wouldn't want for my son to suffer because of my mistakes.

I think you have nothing to worry. If he has reached that age in good health, he shouldn't have none of the side effects from methadone. His prognosis are great, given the fact that he had a birth without complications. Only thing you should worry is to give him proper education, and to raise him properly.

My son was born on methadone and he is a healthy normal child. The one thing I have noticed consistently with all children I know born on methadone is they are all hyper-active. Watch their diet and sugar intake.