I am a foster parent. We are to get a herion addicted baby in a few days. How is the care of these babies different than unaddicted babies? What can I do to help them the most? What can I expect,behavior wise with the baby?

Babies born to mothers who were regularly using drugs during pregnancy, especially Heroin, are usually dependent on the drug too. They experience various forms of withdrawal-like symptoms. Although this is going to be traumatic and unpleasant for the baby and you withdrawal usually only lasts a few days or weeks and since you are getting babies now you will probably be spared of this traumatic experience. Babies who are born addicted to heroin can be treated in the hospital safely with methadone to stabilize withdrawal symptoms and this is something that is likely going to happen in your case.

It has been a while since you have posted this so maybe now you can inform us how did you manage everything and are you satisfied with your decision?