My first grandchild was born on August 25,2008 weighing 6 lbs., 15 oz. At the time of his discharge 2 days later, he weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. He is now 20 weeks old and weighs 12 lbs., 12 oz. His pediatrician has been seeing him every 2 months but sine this last appointment and his weight, hthe physician states that he wants to see him back in one month instead of two. Is this cause for concern? He has been eating only his formula and very regularly at that. he is complletely healthy and alert in every other way. I just want to know if this is something that we should be worried about? (He was 20 inches long at birth and is now 24.5 iinches).

My baby was born on August 22, 2008. He was 7lb 2oz at birth. He lost a little at first but gained it back. At his 5 month, he weighed 11lb even. He does have a medical condition called GERD. We are having to see a specialist due to the insufficiant weight gain. The doctor should have seen the baby every month until the 4 month check. They should be putting the weight/height on a chart and can tell whether the baby is on it's normal growing path or dropping. I would ask the doctor if there is a problem. It has about doubled it's birth weight, so that's a good sign!!! Don't be afraid to call the doctor about it!!! There job is to keep you informed!

My son was born on 25th July 08 and weighs only 13lb and 8oz, we are vegans adn I am slightly worried as we see a dietician every month, he has only put on 4oz in the last month, he has been eating alot of fruits and vegatables but the dietician said that is needs calories, wil this affect his development? he is sitting up on his own, turns over moves a little, but no crawling yet. I have also just found out that I am pregnant, I am worried that my other baby will have a slow weight gain aswell. Please let me know is there is cause for alarm?