I read recently that ten times more people develop infection after admission in hospital then at home. I saw some articles and they showed that number of cases minimized in passed three years. Despite this information this is very disturbing for me. I don’t feel safe and healthy in hospital. I want to know data for blood infection in surgical wards. I will have major surgery in two months.

Not all people are in danger to get infection in hospitals. Those more likely to develop infection include: those with frequent admission to hospital, with underlying medical condition, surgical and intensive care patients…elderly people. I don’t know if the number is minimized but in articles that I read about it says that number blood infection in surgical wards is half then it was two years ago. Those are very optimistic data!