Hello everyone.

I am losing my mind at this moment :/

I don’t know is this because winter is coming, it is December, it is cold outside, but in the last month, my cat is always sick.

Now, she is having some new problem – bladder infection.

As soon as I saw symptoms, I took her to the vet, and that happened today :/

He told me that this is bladder infection and he prescribed me some meds.

But, I want to consult with you as well, because you have helped me a lot.

What do you think, how to treat bladder infection in cats?

Hello.

I don’t know what is going on as well, but vet’s clinics are literally full of sick cats and dogs :/

If you are saying that your cat is often sick, you should do some analysis, just to see is everything OK with your cat.

Because, bladder infection is not that dangerous.

Feline urinary problems are so varied, and your first step is to get vets care. I don’t know what are the prognosis for your cat, but your vet can recommend you meds, new diet program, increased water intake. In some cases, they can recommend you surgery, if your cat has bladder stones, or worst – tumor or fluid therapy.

Hey

First of all, just to say, bladder infection can be very, very painful for your cat. It can cause inflammation of the bladder, and it can cause kidney infections.

In most cases it can be treated by the use of antibiotics for as long as two weeks.

Cephalexin is almost always used. Vets use dietary changes as a treatment for bladder infections, too. They usually suggest diets which should make your cat's immune system better.

They also suggest you to increase water intake for your cat so that she would urinate more often. In case the infection gets pretty much serious, which is rare, your cat might have to have a surgery.

Hello. This can be painful for cats, but some cats just don’t show any symptoms as well. I also would like to recommend you to treat it with antibiotics, because it is the best way. It is fast an effective as well. If this is chronic bladder infection, a bacterial culture has to be taken with antibiotic selection, based on the type of bacteria. And, after all, the most important is home care. You should give your cat to drink more water. If this is really bad condition, your vet can recommend you surgery. But, I really do believe that you can treat it with medications.

Hi to all. 

It really does sound a bit evil that everyone is recommending that your cat should drink more water so she would urinate more, and we all know that urinating for cats with bladder infection, in most cases, is very painful.

I’d suggest the use of antibiotics, too: you are only allowed to use them for 2 weeks at most, because if you do it more, your cat could become immune to their effect.

But in most cases, after those two weeks, your cat should be better. In case she isn’t, you can try with dietary changes, or even a surgery. Surgery is usually only advised if your cat has bladder stones or she is just in a really, really bad condition in which the antibiotics wouldn’t help her.

Hey everyone. And dear Millie, I hope that you are emotionally prepared for this really short but hard period. For the time until your cat’s bladder infection gets treated right, you are going to see your cat in a lot of pain. Even when you start giving her antibiotics, which is the treatment that I highly recommend, they aren’t going to be effective at the very beginning. They work gradually, step by step, so a week or two are needed to pass before your cat would get better. In case her infection complicates further, your cat might need to have a surgery. You should really listen to what your vet told you about treating this infection because he is the one with all the data about your cat.

Hey.

Well, this is one really difficult period of your cat’s life, because she will be in pain. It can last for days, but it can be treated successfully. You need to have patience.

You can try apple cider vinegar, because I can swear that this stuff is really amazing.

When my cat had bladder infection, I was giving this to her for 6 days in her food, and I could see some improvements.

My Lila was peeing more, blood was gone, she was happier.

Give your cat 1/8 of tablespoon to 4 parts filter water. Do it every 2 – 3 hours.

I think you guys are exaggerating. I mean, yes, it can be very painful, but it depends on how bad the infection is. My cat has had bladder infections several times when she was younger and my vet never made a big deal out of it. He treated it with antibiotics and other medications. He told me I should make some dietary changes and he said I needed to increase water intake for my cat which I did. Everything was ok pretty soon. That’s why I think there’s no need to take it so seriously, it’s something that will be healed easily.

Hello. Many cats suffer every day from bladder infection, some of them are suffering because their owners feed them with dry kibble food. People insist feeding cat with this food. It is obvious – it is not such a big deal but you need to change eating schedule for your cat. There are some treatments such as medications. You can increase water consumption with food diet program. Try to decrease the animals stress because stressed cat can have problem with bladder infections.  I think that the most important treatment are when you increase her water consumption and lower stress in your cat.