I havent had a period since october 8th it is now close to dec 8th. I took a walgreens brand home pregnancy test and it had a positive sign but it was really faint. I took another test 5 to 20 mins later and it said negative. Are there any reasons that id miss my period besides pregnancy or was the first one a false positive or the second one a false negative :-(

Hi cmede145,
If you took the first test, and it was a faint positive, I would venture to say, that you are pregnant. VERY rarely are the tests a "false" positive. As far as the negative, you might have just gotten a small amount of the hcg in your urine. A second test might indicate negative, if the hcg levels are not high enough yet. I took a pregnancy test with my first, and it didnt show positive until I took it 3 weeks later. I was 2.75 weeks late for my cycle.
If you are pregnant, be sure to take good care of yourself, take vitamins and get good prenatal care, you have a little life inside you, that needs some good care and nurture. Blessings to you !!!!

Hizgrace

Oh, by the way, I am not sure if you know, hcg is a term for human chorionic gonadatropin, which is a hormone that is emitted in pregnancy.

Hizgrace