I swear, I'm not really THAT stupid to not know how to read a pee test. + means positive, not matter how faint. Positive is positive so long as it is read within 10 minutes and no later, otherwise the test is invallid and as long as the control line is showing. I got that.

Heres the deal:

I follow the rules to take the test exactly. Get a result. Don't know if it's positive or negative! I make sure it's the same temperature as room temperature, that it didn't get too hot or too cold, that it isn't expired, waited 4 hours before I pee, I counted exactly 5 seconds in stream as instructions tell me to do. I wait. 2 minutes, Control line shows up, Horizontal line shows up... and then spots show up vertically. But only on top half. This is not a faint line!! This is... maybe 3 little spots of bright screaming blue on the upper half of the test not even close to the horizontal line but in alignment with where the vertical line would show up normally.

Since I got such a quirky result, I took another one! And.... same result. I'm not going to waste another $12.00 for the same blasted result! Anyone else have this mysterious spot issue?? What was YOUR outcome? Was it actually a positive? Or a negative?

Can anyone tell me if this happened to them and if they were or were not pregnant?

Hi guest,
Yes, I have had that happen before, and the test came out to be positive. Did you try another brand? I would suggest trying the first response tests, they are really good. I would assume that is a positive, because those lines wont show up unless there is HCG present in the urine. Maybe you got a bad test. I would try again, let us know what you find out, ok?

Blessings,
Hizgrace

Thank you for you advice! I will wait a little while then update using a different test!

Hey there, this is Curiosity (the original poster) with an update! (Since no one ever updates!)

I waited and took another test, it's a BFN. I'm beleiving it to be a BFN and not false negative since I have not yet received any kind of positive test yet, and I've taken a few to be certain before I start drinking again (yea!).

For more background information as to why I was testing (TMI warning ahead!!!), though I was getting regular periods on time and I practice pull out method (I know about the failure rate of that method), my periods changed, I am having vivid, strange dreams, was always crampy, even when I wasn't on my periods, my boobs grew in 2 months and have stayed 1/2 cup bigger (haven't gone down yet), my nipples got very itchy, I got blotches on my face, certain things made me want to puke that never bothered me before, and I pee more. I do not have endometriosis, verified by a doctor. Someone suspected pregnancy. Since these tests are coming up negative, I must accept these results and chock this up as a fluke or a maybe cyst. :-)

Thank you for your input and advice!