Okay well im 12 and im trying to get more buff for footbal......and the ladies 8). But when people see this little kid at the gym they say "You shouldnt be lifting sixty or seventy pounds", and they put it down lower. Or they say, "Hey kid ya know that lifting weights will stunt your growth". Im like normal size and weight for the way im built, but im shorter that the other guys at my junior high. I think that lifting weights will actually make me taller. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? ? ? ?

No, it won't stunt your growth. It also won't make you taller, either.

If you're able to lift 60 or 70 pounds safely and you don't strain your muscles, that's fine. However, if it does feel like a strain, start out lower. You can gradually add more and more weight.

Just to let you know, since you're just 12, it may take a while to see any results. You've got to be patient with your body.

If you're going to be doing this, you have to be sure you're getting enough protein and fat. The fat I'm talking about is essential fatty acids. This includes olive oil, coconut oil, omega-3's, etc. This doesn't include snacks like potato chips and such. Those are mostly just trans fat. Also, get your protein from good food sources. You can buy whey protein at the health food store. Get it at a health food store. Any other store probably has very poor quality.

Also, drink plenty of water. If you're doing an exercise regimen, drink 2/3 your body weight in ounces of water daily. For example, if you weigh 115 pounds, 2/3 of that is 76 and 2/3. Converting that to ounces, you need to be drinking 9 and 1/2 cups of water daily (8 ounces per cup).

hey im young and can bentch 165 and i am not the avg boy peopel say i am crazy and need to stop but dont liston i am 5-10 right now

that really help