I had a molar pregnancy last year it was removed in september '06 when i was 3 1/2 months gone now i am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant again and am worried that it will be a molar pregnacy again anyone been through something similar lease help!!

Hi I wanted to reply because i am in a very similar situation.
i had a molar pregnancy in June 2006 and it was removed at 16 wks.
i have just found out this week that i am pregnant again and am finding it difficult to know what to think.
although, while i am afraid at the mere thought of ever being that sick again, i dont honestly believe that it will be a molar pregnancy; the chances are far too remote.
what i am finding hard is accepting that it may hopefully be real this time, becasue the last time i was so disappointed and felt so cheated that it had been a molar pregnancy all along, and i didnt realise and was planning for the future for something that never happened- if that makes sense.
so this time i have insisted that the GP do a blood test to check my HCG so i wil know if it is very high. Plus i have booked myself in for a early scan, which will hopefully be about 8 weeks at the time.
once i see a 'normal' scan i hope to be able to be excited about this.
i wish you all the very best, because i understand how difficult it is, and how confusing. take care x

In 2009 I was pregnant with a molar pregnancy. It was removed at 18 weeks...I was devastated. They told me to wait a year until I decided to try a gain. In April of this year (2011), I was diagnosised with yet another molar pregnancy...it was removed at 12 weeks. The doctors told me, usually, this is just a "freak of nature" type of thing, but can be hereditary, but only like in 20% of woman....unfortunatly I happen to been in that percentage. I was not suppose to get pregnant for 6 months, and 3 months later, I'm pregnant...I'm really scared and dont know what to do. I now have to go for a blood pregnacy test today, then follow up with an appointment tomorrow...I pray my baby is ok.