Hi. I'm feeling terrible right now because I have found out one terrible news. What has happened to me? About two weeks ago I have found out that I'm pregnant and all test in the beginning were normal even my HCG levels. Then I started to suffer from excessive vaginal bleeding and spotting. Also nausea and vomiting occurred.
So, I have contacted my gynecologist imidiately and he scheduled me for ultrasound test.
On the screen, instead of regular heartbeats, he saw that my baby has stopped growing and that I may have a ‘molar pregnancy’.
I was shattered when I hear this. Does anyone knows to explain me what should I know about this condition because I didn’t understood what my doctor have explained to me.

I'm very sorry because of your loss. This “molar pregnancy” is very rear condition because it happens to about 1 woman out of 1000.
Basic thing you should know about this is that your fertilized egg would never develops into an embryo because it has no mother’s chromosomes but two copies of father’s chromosomes.
It starts with some usual symptoms but after that- symptoms get worse and besides bleeding, painful spotting is present also.
In a day or two-your doctor will probably, using one special technique called suction curettage, remove the abnormal tissue from your womb.
Your HCG level will decrease in a next few days and return to normal limits but some say that it will take almost a year after your hCG levels go back down to zero before trying to get pregnant again.

Hi, I hate to hear that you had a molor pregnancy. It is rare, but I had one about two months ago. I was pregnant with my first baby, everything seemed to be going well until I started bleeding. I saw my doctor and had an ultrasound and found out I had placenta preevia. I had to see my doctor every month due to placenta preevia. At 16 weeks I went for an ultasound and there was no heart beat. I carried a dead baby for about 3-4 weeks due to a molor pregnancy. The chances of it happening again is unlikely but take care of yourself.

Hello, my husband and i have a 4 yr. old boy and in early 2004, I found out i was pregnant again, i was so excited. I called the doc. to get an appt.; they couldnt see me for about 3 or 4 wks. When i finally got up there, the doc. had done the pap smear and everything, i even paid my first payment. Well, when he got started with the ultrasound & he couldnt find a heartbeat and he said thatr i had a miscarriage. My husband and I were devasted. The doc. told me that the baby stopped growing at 7 wks. the baby was 11 wks. when i found out. he told me if the fetus died before 7 wks then i would have to do D & C, and if the baby stopped growing a week or so later that i would have to pass it. We went home and I sobbed for hours. I couldn't eat or sleep. It is the worst thing a woman can go through. Well, a couple days later i went to the hospital for the D & C. About a week later it came back, and the doc. told me that I had a partial molar pregnancy. That freaked me out cause I never heard of that. He explained it to me and i really didn't understand. he told me that it was sort of cancerous, and that really got me scared. I went home and researched it on the internet. It scared me cause if hadn't of had the D & C, it could of spreaded to other areas. So, I am glad I had it done. The doc. told me that I would have to come in and get my blood tested and see what my hcg levels were. This went on for a while. My hcg levels finally came back 0. I also read that my hcg level need to be 0 for a year before getting pregnant again In april of 2005 I became pregnant again, I was excited, but I was also scared because of the previous molar pregnancy. I went to the doc. and everything was perfect, I delivered a healthy little girl in jan. of 2006. She is now 1 yr. old.

Mt duaghter is pregnat after having a molar pregnancy 6 months ago, what are her chance of keeping on to the baby, she so wants it any one have any success after a situation like this?

Hi, I just want to say I'm very sorry for your loss....It's hard dealing with something so painful both physicaly and emotionally. I had a molar pregnancy too and I found out there were two types, Partial, and full molar pregnancy. This was in oct.2005..... I was three months and there was no baby it was a full molar pregnancy. I was sooo up set being that I had a miscarrage two years prior to that, and that was my first pregnancy. For two years nothing, then this pregnancy came right when I was beginning to think I couldn't have kids. I had never heard of molar pregnancy.... and I work in the medical field.....but I then thought for sure I couldn't have kids. My doctor told me that I had to wait for one year before I could try to have a baby, I had to get blood work done every week for one year to make sure I didn't get cancer, because when they do a DNC if any thing is left in the uterus molar can re-accure and cause cancer. It was heart wrenching and scary....when I had the DNC I bleed out in sugery.... so I had to get a blood transfustion, I was pysicaly emotionaly, and mentaly exsahusted. I don' t know if you are religous person... but I lost a part of me when I went through this, I was bitter and full of hate and anger, why would god put me through somthing like this? I take care of my self, I am good to people, I would be a great mother, I work hard, and I get to be the 1 in 2000 who get this problem. I didn't go to do the blood work the first two months because I was scared it would just be my luck that I get cancer, and have to go through Kemo. Sure enough when I finally went My HCG levels were not normal, they already had me schedualed for Kemo... I refused to go not without having an ultrasound done first, I had used both bith conrol and condoms so in my heart I knew it wasn't a baby, but I could pray god would cut me a break and bless me with a child and end my suffering if it's what he wanted for me. When I had the ultra sound done.... It was a baby... there was a heart beat... This all took place in Jan. 2006... I now have a beautiful Heathy baby Boy named Joshua Jacob He is seven monthes and he is my baby sent from heaven. I learned alot from what I went through but I know there is a reason why God put me through it, you will be okay bestrong because there is a light at the end of the tunnal. My prayers are with you. God Bless You!!!

My daughter had not had her period since Jan. We found out that she was pregnet and she had the blood work and everything. She had her first oltrsound done and the doctor said that she was like 5 weeks along, She was so confussed by not haveing a period since Jan. well she had another one today and the doctor said that she had a molor pregnacy. the baby was no longer there but the bag was, my daughter has a follow up apt next week but then might have to have a DC if she doesn't pass it herself. Now I really feel for everyones lost they have had. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND? If she doesn't have the dc what happens? Her doctor said she could do it either way. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
SOCOFFUSED

HI, SORRY FOR ALL YOUR LOSSES, I TO HAVE LOST A BABY.
MY STORY STARTS WHEN MY LOVE OF MY LIFE AND I WERE MARRIED IN OCT OF 05. WE STARTED TRYING RIGHT AWAY TO HAVE KIDS BECAUSE WE BOTH LOVE KIDS AND MY HUSBAND IS ALSO 12 YRS OLDER THAN ME AND HE DONT WANT TO BE AN OLD MAN WHEN HE HAS KIDS. WELL ONE DAY I GOT A CALL TO FIND OUT MY LITTLE BROTHER AND HIS GIRLFRIEND WERE PREGNAT ! I WAS SO DEVASTATED BECAUSE WE WERE TRING TO GET PREGNAT FOR A WHOLE YEAR AND NOTHING. I WAS SCHEDUALED TO GET MY TUBES BLOWN OUT TO SEE EVEN IF I COULD GET PREGNAT BECAUSE I NEVER HAVE A PERIOD. THE DAY I WENT IN TO GET MY TUBES BLOWN I CAME OUT OF THE DOCTORS OFFICE PREGNAT! I WAS SO HAPPY I WENT STRAIGHT DOWN TO CHURCH OF THANK THE LORD. A WEEK LATER I STARTED SPOTING AND FOUND OUT THAT I HAD MOLAR PREGNANCY. SO I HAD TO HAVE A D&C BECAUSE IT WAS TO RISKY TO PASS IT BY MY SELF BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE FACTOR 7 DIFFIENCY WHICH MEANS I HAVE THIN BLOOD AND COULD LOOSE TO MUCH BLOOD IF I WOULD HAVE PASSED IT . I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY HCG LEVELS CHECKED ONCE A MONTH BECAUSE THEY THE LEVELS ARE NOT GOING AWAY. THE LEVELS ARE STAYING AT 5.4,6.6,9.9 EVERY MONTH. I'VE BEEN GOING EVERY FOR 6MONTHS NOW AND THE DOC SAID THAT I CANT GET PREGNAT FOR A YEAR AFTER MY LEVELS GO UNDER 5 AND THAT THEY COULD TAKE FROM 6 MONTHS TO 3 YEARS. THIS 3 YEARS ARE SCARING ME AND I THINK I GET MORE DEPRESSED EVERY MONTH WHEN I GO TO GET MY BLOOD DROWN AND HEAR THE SAME ANSWER ( NOT THIS MONTH ) SO I WAS WONDERING IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ANYONE OUT THERE? AND WHAT HAPPENS IF I SAY I'M SICK OF WAITING AND GET PREGNAT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THIS WEBSITE HAS REALLY MADE FEEL BETTER, LEARNING THAT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL OF YOU

I had a molar pregnancy in 2008. the dr I was going to thought that is was from the first ultra sound he did but waited and let me get to 10 weeks then one after noon I had a really bad pain go through my stomach and could not stand up straight .so my husband rushed me to the hospital . I had not been able to keep food or drink down in a week at the hospital they told me why my hcg levels were 650,000 in a normal pregnancy they dont go past 250,000 .they kept me and gave me pain killers and done the dnc the next morning and I went home the next day .I went to all of my dr appointment and my levels were going down but then the dr office called after I went to one on a friday and said there was a problem and for me to come in on monday so I did and they sent me to a cancer dr he did the chest x rays and cat scan on my brain and found out that it had spread to my lungs and I had spots all over them so I had to have two and a half rounds of chemo one shot every morning . but the dr's I had were the best at letting me know what was going on with my body.my levels dropped all the way down to 0 with in the 4 weeks it took to take the chemo. this type of cancer is 100% curable if they catch it in time so I urge anyone that might have the slightest thought they are having a molar pregnancy to talk to your dr about it .this was my fifth miscarriage and I have a 9 year old but she has a different dad . we are trying again now so I hope that this time it works if not I am getting my tubes tied my body has been through too much

I have a five year old son and in 2009 i got pregnant.I found out at 2months it was a molar pregnancy.I am shattered and still wondering why me? I got my dnc done after the dnc the the doctors gave me a bad report that i was getting worse after too ultra sounds the same day the doctors said the lab made an error i felt has if the earth was taking me in my heart pound away as tears flow. I started doing my weekly hcg it was going down and then it stop at 1400 and start rising. I was FUSTRATED.I was readmitted where i did xray and the lumbar punture test it showed that it was not present in those areas.I went on chemo for 11 weeks to carry down my hcg, during my six week it went to <1 after it went to 6 i cried all day.only God understand .The treament continues week after week.It is now less than 1, thank God and i have to do my monthly test. I am praying that the results will remain less than one and i will be able to have another child for my husband.Your words give me Hope.

Hello Ladies I feel all ur pain an understand everything u r all saying. I had a "full molar pregnancy". I didn't even think i could have kids cuz i dont have a period every month. six months b4 i found out i was pregent i went to the doctors and i asked her wat my chance's of having a baby were an she told me slim an that if i planned on having a baby i would need to take meds an see a specialest.... since i was only 19 at the time i just said ok nothing to worry about. my boyfriend an i had been together for 4 year not useing an type of birth controll so when i didn't get my period i just thought it was normal so i left it alone even though i was sick every day an i could not hold anything down to save my life... now this is going to sound weird but it wasnt until my cuzin dog started trying to hump me that i took a test (he ONLY humps pregnent girls) an it was +. I went to that doctor a week later we talked about everything an we figured that i was about 8wks or so but when she checked me she said my uterus was the size of 15wks. thats when she started looking for a heart beat an when she couldnt find one she rushed me in for an ultrasound... the one thing you never want to hear anyone say when they are doin an ultrasound is "I think i need too get your doctor!!" when the doc came back in she asked if was spotting I said yes just a lil tho. and that when she gave me that bad news. My boyfriend couldnt be there he had to work but my best friend was there holding me while I cried more then i ever have in my life. i took my test on november 4th, went to the doc on november 11th, an had my D&C on november 15th 2009. after my D&C my levels were not going down i was so scared but a few weeks later my levels hit 0. They had me get an IUD for a year to insure I don't get pregnent for a year an i have 4 months left till I can try an have a baby again. I truly do feel for all of you an its nice to hear that i am not alone!!!!

Hi i feel for all of you, i found out i was pregnant in january 2010me&my fiance were both SO happy and then i passed my driving test and i thought yep this is our year this time some good look for once, we moved and started a new leaf and were so happy, i then went for a scan at 17 weeks to be told i had a molar pregnancy we were both devistated and cryed for hours i had nothing to eat or drink and felt soooo ill. i had the op less than 12 hours later the doctors and nurses were all trying to explain things to me but it all went through one ear and out of another at the time,
i was told i needed regular bloods and samples but no1 contacted me for a couple of months so i made a doctors appointment, at the hospital the nurse said i might only have to wait a few months before i can try again, so i was relived that i didnt have to wait for ages, a week or so later i decided to google molar pregnancys and every site i was on said id have to wait 6months to a yr and my heart sank, i want a baby sooooo much, i then had an appointment to see my gynacologyst and she was happy that my hcg went from 25.7 to 2.75 in 1 week and said i no loonger have a possitive pregnancy test, wen i asked if i can try she said yes and i was just soooooo happy to hear that BUT i had to wait for the go ahead from the specialsts in sheffield, a week later no1 rang so yet again i contacted them, they said i now need to do some samples so i asked them about trying aand they said they RECOMEND you wait 6months BUT if you get pregnant bfore the 6months they just give you a 6 week scan to check the babys ok.
has anyone been pregnant and everything has or is going well before the 6 months?
please help i am soooo confussed about what i should do.
xx

My heart goes to all of you!! In 2007 I became pregnant after 8 years married. My husband and I were so happy to find out that we were going to have our first baby. I had never heard of a molar pregnancy. The only thing that worried me is that I had been spotting for like two months. When I went to my first Dr. Visit he stated that it was sometimes normal to spot during the first trimester but decided to give me an ultrasound to check the baby. There was no baby yet so he decided to wait another two weeks to check again. My hgc was showing that I was around 6 months pregnant so it was very confusing. Then one night I started to bleed a lot and passed a big clot that look like grapes. It was so scary so I called my Dr. He did another ultrasound and found out that I had a complete molar pregnancy. I was shocked!! I had a D&C done and went home very depressed. I hated everything. I couldn't stand pregnant women or babies. I had my levels tested every month for a year, until hgc levels went to zero. My Dr. Said to wait a year before trying again. I did but I have fertility issues so I never got pregnant again. Well that's what I thought. October 2010 I found that I was pregnant again. I got so scared that I rushed to see my Dr. I found out that I was 6 weeks pregnant and saw my baby's heart beat for the first time. I cried so much with joy. Now I'm 3 months pregnant and everything seems fine with this pregnancy. There is hope!! Don't loose your faith. Before I got pregnant I thinking of going to a fertility Dr. But I asked God to give me a baby without treatments. I told him that I really wanted a baby but I was scared to go through fertility treatment. The next month "boom" I was pregnant. I just found out that I'm having a boy and when I saw him during an ultrasound, I could not believe how much he moves. God is great!! I'm sending baby dust to all of you. May God gives you patience and rewards you with a healthy baby. If you would like to contact me ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

It is really good to know that persons have been blessed with a child or children after a molar pregnancy.I am praying that after this year which is the second year after having a molar pregnancy i will be able to have another child. I am nervous the hematology doctor says she would not encourage someone to go back. What is your view?"It says who feels it know it" After chemo treatment i am scared. I also believe stress is a contributing factor was anyone stress when they found out they had molar pregnancy?

hi i had a full molar pregnancy 5 months ago and i just found out 3 days ago and im 6 weeks im so scared went to the doctors they told me to come back on may 3rd when i am 10 weeks so they can do a ultra sound i am so so scared its gonna b another molar now i am just sitting here every day worrying waiting for may 3rd.