In feb. 2008 I noticed two small warts on my sons bottom when I was changing his diaper. I took him to the docter and he asked if anyone was capable of improperly touching my son down there. I was mortified! I can't think of anyone that he has been around capable of this behavior. I need to know is there anything else that could have caused this? I am desperate for answers.

Genital warts are sexually transmitted disease and I highly suspect that there is any other way of getting this condition. Although there is some possibility to get infected if you use the same towel after the infected person has used it the chances are low.

And since you are the mother if you didn’t infect your own child then your doctor maybe know what he is talking about. So check people around you one more time and think who was alone with your child. This is a serious matter and you should deal with it as soon as possible.

It has been a while since you have post this question so I would like to know what you have find out and what was behind this?   

I know this is an old post but i had to respond in case anyone else may have the same issue. Wart's on a bayb's bottom is not a sign of genital wart's at all. My nephew is now 5, but when he was a baby, we noticed the same thing. Upon further investigation, it turned out to be a virus that came out in the form of a wart. Since that time, he has gottnen some on his finger's, his hand, his feet and a few around his genital area. They are not sexual related in any way shape or form. Every few month's the doctor apply's a acid type of medication that allow's them to dry up and fall off.

MY GRANDAUGHTER STARTED HER DAYCARE THEN SHORTLY AFTER SHE DEVOLIPED 2 SMALL BUMPS ON HER VAGINAL AREA. WE TOOK HER TO THE DOCTORS AND THEY ASKED THE SAME THING. ALSO, DOC SAID IF SOMEONE CHANGES YOUR CHILD AND THEY HAVE WARTS ON THERE HAND IT COULD BE TRANSFERED. ALSO IT COULD BE (MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM) WITCH A VERY SIMULAR TO WARTS. ALSO THE MOLLUSCUM ISVERY CONTAGIOUS. READ ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS ON THE INTERNET. SHE HAD BEEN TO TWO DIFFERENT DOCTORS NOW SHE HAS TO SEE A DERMATOLIST. (SORRY ABOUT SPELLING) BUT NOW SHE HAS THEM ALL OVER HER FRONT AND BACK SIDE. I HAVE READ THAT IT CAN BE PASSED THRU THE BIRTH CANNEL FROM THE MOM. IT IS A VIRUS. BOTH THAT I LISTED. ALL THE BEST TO YOU I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

PLEASE READ ON MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM, THIS IS A VIRUS ALSO BUT IS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS. THEY MAKE MANY MEDS FOR THESE THINGS THAT WILL NOT CAUSE PAIN OR SCARING.