Hi. I have 2-year-old sun with molloscum contagiosum on his face. Currently the bumps are very small nad I’m treating them with Tazorac and Aldara. He is starting preschool next month and I’m very concerned for other children health. Is molloscum easily spread to other children in the class or is my boy less con contagious because threatment? I need some advice.

Molloscum contagiosum is contagious and can be easily spread by touching the growths. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent further spread to others. First of all, he mustn’t pick or scratch the molloscum because if doing so he will release the virus and cause spread. He also has to wash his hands frequently and thoroughly to prevent any spreading (same thing with you). Also, he mustn’t share anything that has physical contact with molloscum like towels or clothing. There are also ways to speed up healing process… For example, the bumps can be frozen or burned off in the doctor's office but this procedure is very painful..

All three of my kids had molluscum contagiosum. While it can be passed between kids, it seems to pass easier to some than others. Even though it took quite some time to get over, my kids eventually did and didn't see to suffer any scaring. You can cover the outbreak in a bandaid. My kids all had it before they went to school. Eventually the bumps get red and then go away.