I have noticed pink colored spots on my genital area skin. I have heard this condition could be caused by some herpes type. In addition, I have heard it is usually caused by infection of the skin, and then is called molluscum contagiosum. I wonder if anyone can tell me more about this condition. Is it possible to be spread through sexual intercourse, and is there any advice, how to get rid of those?

Molluscum contagiosum is viral infection of skin that appears as small pearl shaped spots. Usually those spots are pink in color, as you reported. You should not be so much worried because if your condition is molluscum, it is not seriously. It will clean up within a few months, but it can last for up to two years sometimes. It is an infection caused by a virus called poxvirus, and infection can result from direct contact, including sexual contact. Beside this, it could be caused by indirect contact, such as sharing towels, or swimming pools. The incubation period from the time of initial contact until the molluscum appears is from two to eight weeks. If the infection is sexually transmitted, the molluscum can be seen on the genitals, as I believe is your case. The only advice I could gave you is to be patient because the condition will pass. Usually no treatment is given since the disease disappears by itself, so all you can do is to wait.