Hi, my daughter is 23 years old, and as any other young girl, she wants to be pretty. She wears only shoes with the high heels, and her feet often hurt badly. I am always telling her to save those uncomfortable shoes for some special occasions, but she won’t listen. Now, she has a real problem. She is diagnosed with Morton's neuroma between her third and fourth toes. A doctor told her that this is a benign growth of nerve tissue, and that it isn’t a true tumor. But I’m concerned anyway. Has anyone suffered from Morton’s neuroma?

Hi! Last year I was diagnosed with Morton’s neuroma too. I went to the doctor because I was feeling burning, numbness and pain in two of my toes. Morton’s neuroma is also called plantar neuroma or intermetatarsal neuroma. This is an enlarged nerve that usually occurs between the third and fourth toes. My guess is that the injury caused my condition, when a weight that I lifted fell on my foot. I had to change my footwear and rest as much as possible. Your daughter should do the same thing. I was thinking about the surgery, but my doctor told me that it’s probably not necessary. He prescribed me cortisone injections, and they really helped me. I don’t know how serious is your daughter’s condition and if she needs a surgery, but I definitely recommend her cortisone or a corticosteroid to reduce inflammation.