I had surgery to remove a neuroma on my right foot in between the 2nd & 3rd toe Three weeks after surgery I am still having discomfort, I cannot wear a regular shoe, even walking barefoot is uncomfortable. No real pain, but feels lumpy, like it did pre-op, only now worse. I dealt with the pain for 1 1/2 years before having surgery, but now I want a quick fix. I suppose I am expecting too much too soon, my doc is unable to see me for 2 weeks. Just hoping for someone positive feedback. Looking for some results. Can anybody tell me how long their recovery took?
Thanks.

Hi

How long was the entire recovery time for all of you and how long before your foot felt totally normal? I had surgery one month ago and am still experiencing numbness as well as some of the same feeling I was having before surgery...a bunched up sock feeling as well as a feeling of walking on broken up seashells. I will be mighty disappointed if these feeling don't go away. I had the neuroma completely removed from the top of the foot. I except some numbness in my toes where they took out the nerve, but not these other weird feelings :-(

Thanks

ask you doctor if it possible that you have scar tissue in between those toes.

I have what feels like pins getting stuck in my foot here and there, ouch!! Still some numbness and tingling like before surgery? My surgery was one week ago so I probably am rushing and just panicing? Pain pills do nothing!! help!

I had a traditional morton's neroma surgery 1 month ago with complications of swelling, stich left in, pain radiating to my 4th toe when I put any pressure on the ball of my foot and difficulty with the incision healing. The stitch (that was left in accidently) worked it's way out like a splinter and the wound began to heal. I went to a great physical therapist that knows about nerve sensitivity. I am currently on a regimen that seems to be working great. It's called desensitation and do it 3-4 times a day.

1. massage foot including wound, calf (toward hear)t and inside of ankle for 1/2 hour

2. moist heat to foot for 20 minutes

3. moist heat to calf for 20 mnutes.

4. Rhus tox C200 homeopathic tabs for pain

5. Quercetin with Bromelain 2 tas per day on an empty stomach

I had a traditional Morton's neuroma surgery 1 month ago with complications of swelling, stitch left in, pain radiating to my 4th toe when I put any pressure on the ball of my foot and difficulty with the incision healing. The stitch (that was left in accidentally) worked it's way out like a splinter and the wound began to heal. I went to a great physical therapist that knows about nerve sensitivity. I am currently on a regimen that seems to be working great. It's called desensitization and do it 3-4 times a day.

2. moist heat to foot for 20 minutes

3. moist heat to calf for 20 minutes.

5. Quercetin with Bromelain 2 tabs per day on an empty stomach for nerve pain.

I had mine removed 2 years ago and it has made a real difference. I can run without pain also walk around the shops without pain. Now I'm going to have my other foot done and I will be training for half marathon in march. Most of the posts seem to be negative but I didn't have pain after the 1st surgery and am hoping that if I follow the recommendations for post op care ill repeat the success story after the last op. I am looking forward to running again without pain. Hope that helps. It's not all bad!