Hello a couple of weeks ago (before Christmas I was having trouble sleeping through the night waking up in sweats and found it hard to eat) I went to the doctor and he said it was probably a stomach virus and to tough it out. So I did, well recently I've been feeling better but this week/weekend I've been constipated and have had mucus and no solid stool coming out at all just mucus with no blood. Now it has been happening all weekend with cramps and I feel like I have gas in my stomach. I believe during the week I have this problem less often And have some regular bowl movements. Last night I took 3 fiber pills with laxative supplement and today I took 5. (The recommended dose is 5 tablets, 1-3 times a day and it should work within 12-72 hours) now I'm gonna take 5 pills tonight and 5 tomorrow. If I don't have any regular stool by Tuesday I plan to schedule a doctor appointment. My main question or concern is I've googled this mucus and they say it's from the intestinal lining and other people have similar problems but with blood. It has me worried about diseases and what not, but I've never had this problem before and I'm only 22. I'm fairly skinny, I don't eat very well but I eat better than a lot of people. I've been keeping hydrated with water and Gatorade. Can anyone offer some guidance or reassurance?? Thank you

I don't believe you have any type of disease.  Maybe with your stomach flu, you didn't eat enough to really have a bowel movement.  If things are moving along ok, you should be fine.  Why don't you eat real food to get your fiber in your diet?  It will work more naturally and you will reap the health benefits from it as well.  Eat salad, green beans, cucumbers, anything that you like to eat.  This will regulate you better than any fiber pills can.  I am glad to hear you are keeping hydrated. That is another important thing to do with you are having constipation. 

Thanks for your reply! I am constipated still but I'm going to eat more fiber rich foods like beans and apple's and oranges and wheat pasta etc... Hopefully that helps! Like I said I've never had this problem before but the mucus and gas I release when I use the restroom had me worried after I googled the muscus...