Ok, so I need some serious advice. I'm currently 27 years old. Female. This has happened to me 3 times so far. Once when I was 14 it lasted for a few weeks I would get stomach pains and have to go to the bathroom right away and there would be red blood in my stool and sometimes blood would drip out. I had told my mom about it and I went to the doctor. I remember the doctor putting some kind of gel on her gloved finger and putting it in my butt and after that the stomach pain stopped and the bleeding as well. I was relieve didn't ask any questions. But then it happened again when I was older around 22 at the time I was really stressed out with work and I started having those stomach pains and bleeding when I pooped again. I even scheduled a colonoscopy but for some reason didn't end up going. The pain and bleeding just miraculously stopped. I had been regular all this time going 2 or 3 times a day sometimes. Very healthy bowel movements. I was proud of how regular I was. But then a few months ago stress started to build up in my life again went on antidepressants which constipated me, then I stopped taking them. I moved to a new city with my boyfriend very far away from friends and family and I haven't found a job yet. And for the last couple weeks I've been having those damn stomach pains again with that damn bleeding. It looks the same as it did when I was 14 I remember like it was yesterday. I have the same stomach cramps and sometimes when I go I have a hard time getting it out. Sometimes its just little tiny pee sized stools. Sometimes I go and I'm sitting there for 10 minutes and a lot of stool comes out with no blood at all. I'm seriously stressed out. I want to make it go away on my own. If it was nothing serious the last 2 times maybe its the same thing this time but the fact that I'm stressing about it might not be helping. I just need someone that has been through this to tell me what they did to make it stop. What was the cause, anything. Before I go to a hospital in a strange city where I don't even have the appropriate I.Ds or anything yet.

Also to add, I don't have fever, I don't have nausea I don't have loss of appetite no weight loss. I still have a healthy appetite. No history of cancer of any kind in my family. I've slowed down on drinking water lately maybe that could be it? I drank a lot of alcohol also in the last few weeks maybe that caused it? There's one day in the middle of all this where I had a regular healthy bowel movement but then the next day it came back to this. 

I would really appreciate someone that has actually been through the same thing to give me an answer. I know most people always respond with go to the doctor but I don't want to see that. I know I will eventually have to go if this doesn't go away but I would love to get rid of it on my own and i'm sure someone out there has had the exact same symptoms I have.

It sounds like its hemorrhoids, this is where the veins in your anus become swollen or enlarged this is normally cause by the inability to use the toilet properly do acctualy the fact you are having trouble being regular is causing the bleeding. This is fix by introducing more fiber into your diet, I'm no dietition but try switching to a hi fiber cereal or eating more fruit. Also 20-30 minutes of exercise a day help maintain bowl movement. You can also buy over the counter products that help reduce pain and restore movement available at pharmacy s, this is proberly what your doctor used. If there is no improvement after following these strategies then then visit your doctor. There are more facts on hemorroids online.

I keep seeing responses from people saying it sounds like hemorrhoids but would they cause stomach cramps?

I agree, I don't think there would be cramps with haemorrhoids. I am interested in this cause I too have had the same symptoms, on Christmas eve I woke to excruciating pain in my lower back, radiating down my legs and groin area, I got up went to the toilet for a wee, and a mucus/clot of blood slivered out of my anus, I managed to catch some for the doc to test as there was NO poo, just dark blood, which I believe is from higher up in the gut, blood from haemorrhoids does not come out in burgundy coloured to very dark red blood, they bleed bright red fresh blood.
I have been to the toilet for a poo today (Christmas Day) and all my stools had dark red bloody mucus running through them, I am going to the doc's on Monday when it reopens. Personally for the Hope27 I would have gone to the docs' I have just realised the post is months old and I hope she is ok.......but I would say to anyone who has symptoms like this, go to your doctors, even if it turns out to be haemorrhoids wouldn't you rather know that and feel a little silly than leave it hoping it goes away and then find out you have cancer and you left it too late? Im 46 and happily married to my soulmate, I have no intention of going anywhere just yet!! Hugs to all and a Merry Christmas & Happy HEALTHY New Year, Vick x

this is Vick I am now a member x