Okay so 2 weeks ago I was eating some peanuts and one of them got stuck in my throat, and I couldn't get it out. I assumed it would just go down on its own so I didn't make too big a deal of it. For the next few days it felt as if the peanut was still stuck in my throat, which isn't possible since it would eventually get pushed down, it felt as if i was going to choke a few times, and I couldn't sneeze for about a week. I constantly drank water but throat still felt as if something were stuck.

About a week after the original incident i caught a mild cold, and i got phlegm in my throat was incredibly annoying and only added to my problems. The cold has passed but i still feel some phlegm and it still feels as if i have something stuck in my throat. I asked my cousin, a doctor, about this and he said something about my mucus glands like it may have been damaged a bit but it should heal after a while. Usually it will feel better for a while and then start bugging me again.

Yesterday, i went to a doctor. The guy seemed to think I'm allergic to peanuts, which I told him is absurd since I've eaten them regularly my whole life. He still made me get blood drawn to check for any allergies, and i took a sample from the back of my throat. He then prescribed Fluticasone Propionate (better known as Flonase) and said to take it twice a day, and gargle some salt water afterwards. He said that if i don't feel better within a week i should go back and he can send me to an ENT to get a camera in my throat. I just took my first shot of Flonase, I don't feel anything at all but of course it's too soon to judge. I have a hunch that the Flonase won't work so I just want to ask if anybody here has any idea what may be wrong with me and how to fix it? I'd like to avoid the ENT if i can. I really, really, really appreciate any help with this.

Details:
Feeling is deep in the throat. Big, deep burps make my throat feel clear for a little while. Still feels like something is actually stuck there. I can speak and breathe just fine. I took Halls but that didn't help at all. My appetite has gone down a bit. Eating and swallowing was uncomfortable until the past few days, it doesn't really bother me now.

you might be right, the peanut is not anymore in your throat but what causes you to feel as if it is still there is the scar that is left there. I had fish bone stuck into my throat and i thought it has been there for a week already but when the ENT doctor checked me, he couldn't find anything but a scar and so he gave me a lozenges to ease the pain and to lessen the scar. It worked but it took weeks. just follow what your doctor will tell you. don't try to miss appointment when needed because they know what you need. God bless

Look at my post. Maybe the same "unexplainable" condition that I had to find the direct cause of myself:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Throat_felt_tight__developed_to_pain__Air_and_air_filled_salliva_got_squeezed_up__Swallowing_pain__t302578.html#1163890

Stigmatisert