Hi, last week I started doing some aerobic exercises and since then I’ve been feeling muscle stiffness. I expected to have only soreness, but not stiffness too. Is there something wrong with me?

Hello, I don’t think there is anything wrong with you. Both stiffness and soreness are consequences from exercising. It is normal for them to last from 12 to 48 hours following the activity, but if you are a beginner, they can last up to 7 days with no special treatment. However, when your muscles adapt, they will become strong and healthy. You may also feel weakness and fatigue because your body is still adapting to the new stress. There’s also a delayed muscle soreness, which comes two days after doing exercises. If you want to prevent soreness or stiffness, you should warm up thoroughly before activity, and stretch easily after. Before you perform any more exercises, better wait for stiffness to go away. It would also help if you gently massage the muscles that hurt you.