I practice mixed martial arts and wushu as well as any other fun workout i can get into ,so i know what soreness feels like. But sometimes, the soreness is so extreme i feel like i am literally crippled! i usually try to move around even when this happens so it doesn't get worse. i feel i have a tolerance for pain and my diet is pretty well rounded. is there any obvious key factors i am missing in my diet that anyone could point out to me, that may help to prevent, or to help ease the soreness?

I know how you feel, Ive been training in brazilian jiu jitsu for awhile now and it takes some getting used to. For awhile I could barely move the next morning! The key is stretching, lots of it, and every muscle. You can find stretching exercises or routines on the net. Ive also heard yoga can be helpful for people training in mma. Havent gone that route yet though. Make sure you stretch about 30 min. before class, and soon after class. Hope that helps.

Yoga definately helps with soreness and stiffness. I used it to help control my back muscles that used to pop and lay me up a couple of weeks at a time.
I need to get back into it. Make sure you don't overstretch or hyperextend.

If your extreme soreness continues though, you should consider checking with a doctor to rule out any physical reasons for it. Make sure you're body is in balance chemically.