Hi all. I’ve been working out daily for last 3 months. I noticed that most muscles are really toneing, but my stomach remains just the same!! No visible toneing at all!! What is wrong??? Or, am I doing something wrong?? What are the best exercises for toneing the stomach?? Thanks for the tips.

Well, probably you just did not work to much on it! That is my guess… The best way to tone up your stomach muscles is with an exercise that stresses the stomach muscles directly at the front. The stomach muscles react to exercise in the same way as other muscles and that is the reason why I believe that you simply did not work on them enough. They should be trained the same as other. You can tone the stomach muscles by using common, basic exercises, such as crunches, sit ups and side bends, or simple stomach exercises that you can work harder on at every workout. There is also one more thing – in most people, most of the fat is stored in stomach area. That is why sometimes, even if you toned your stomach muscles, that is not visible due to fat covering the muscles. So, along with toning muscles, you have to burn fat around stomach. The best way to do that is with regular aerobic exercises. So, with regular aerobics and toning exercise done together the stomach muscles should show through eventually.

Hey,
I had this same problem. All through high school I was very active in track, so I ran all the time, and I use to workout with my mom. Even with all this and doing stomach workouts my stomach still wasn't really changing, I could feel the muscle, but I couldn't see any change. So now it's been about 3 years since high school. I started to do cardio every other day like workout tapes and still running on the treadmill. This has helped out alot the fat on my stomach slowly started to go away, and I could see the muscle. So I'm already pretty thin and I didn't want to loose any weight just tone my stomach, and legs and stuff. I noticed doing cardio everyother day 3 times a week and weight training every other, other day has helped out alot. And I'm not losing weight which I was scared off, just on my stomach. I hope this helps.
Also I tried working out all the time, and this doesn't help because I found out the body needs time to rest, repair, and build that muscle. When I was working out to much I started to see that I wasn't getting any results at all. Once again I hope this helps.

Hello Latoya! I have the same problem. I had been going to the gym for over 4 months every day and haven’t seen any improvement on my stomach muscles. I haven’t had much problems before I got pregnant but after pregnancy I couldn’t get it off.
So, you are saying that I shouldn’t go to the gym every day? I have basically stopped bothering and making an effort as my stomach muscles remained the same. I am not fat, maybe a little bit overweight. I did throw out sweets from my diet but I can’t honestly say that I was dieting.
What do you think…how long should I practice like you said 3times/week to see any good results? Thank you

have you noticed most people have a big stomach? even if you are skinny you still have a little stomach...the stomach is one of the hardest things to get rid off...wow it takes HARD WORK a lot of cardio, ab work and most importantly your diet...that is definitely 80% of your stomach results...you must be strict in your diet for you to get rid of that stubborn belly fat!!! ;-)

Hey,

I had this same problem. I am a sports men, so I ran all the time, and I use to workout with my students. Even with all this and doing stomach workouts my stomach still wasn't really changing, I could feel the muscle, but I couldn't see any change. . I started to do cardio every other day like workout tapes and still running on the treadmill and I could see the muscle.