Hi, never in my life have I been exercising seriously. However, my opinion has changed. Few days ago I went for a ride on the bike with a friend of mine. I could not hold up for even the half of the route. The same friend told me that I should increase the muscular endurance. Can you suggest exercises that can help me achieve this?

Hi, since you have been physically inactive, it is normal that you can not compete with someone who is more experienced in this field then you are. Your friend is right. You need to improve your muscle endurance. One of the exercises that can help you achieve this is actually riding a bicycle. However, it must be combined with other exercises as well. They all have the same effect but on other muscle group. Swimming is one of them. Also, what you should train is running. But, you must consult a professional trainer so that he can estimate your health state. He will also talk to you about the right intensity of the exercises and the workout frequency for your level of fitness.