Hi, I started jogging few months ago. The reason for my involvement with this kind of sport activity is my desire to shape up. A friend of mine suggested to me to start running because he thinks that running is the best way to stay fit. While I was jogging I met a girl who I now jog with all the time. She says that it would be better to combine running with some other kind of physical activity. Is she right?

Hi, it's good that you are doing something for your wellbeing. However, I must agree with your jogging partner. Our opinion is supported by professional trainers. They say that concentrating on only one type of physical activity is good for professional athletes that want to get top results in their area of activity. However for people like us it is better to cross train. I suggest that you should combine running with weight training for the best results. When you cross train you are focusing on different muscle groups and making sure that your entire body is active. This way you will achieve greater fitness level and your body will get stronger and healthier.