Would greatly appreciate your opinions and advice.

I'm 29 years old, and I've been regularly exercising for the past year (mainly using the x-trainer for hours and doing tae bo several times per week). A couple of months ago ago, I felt a bad strain in my left thigh. Then later I had bad knee pain...a feeling like a locked knee and it would be for a few hours before diminishing every time. Then lately, it's pins and needles sensation in my thigh, and sometimes a bit of stiffness and/or weakness in the thigh muscles.

Hope that wasn't confusing! I suspect it was a strain and is healing so will need more rest still. Would appreciate any advice and opinions. Thanks a lot.

Stretching is the best thing and rest by keeping it up or maybe ice or even icey hot. If its that bad you should go have it looked at. I finally went an had my hip looked at because it felt like I was pulling it out of the sock it. It hurt so bad. I went and had it checked out I have a Labral tear in my hip. I need hip surgery.

I’ve a somehow similar question. I’ve been having this knee pain for some time now. About 3 years ago, it started on my right knee. Then late last year, the left knee . What happens is that it randomly becomes painful and I feel I need to pop it but it’s just too painful to do it. I don’t see any swelling so I’m thinking it can’t be arthritis or something. It happens like once every 3 months so I didn’t pay much attention to it. But lately, it’s becoming more often. Never occurred on both knees at the same time, though. My doctor tells me that he can’t find anything wrong on my knees so I think I need to talk to another doctor. Any advice in the mean time?

Good idea on getting another doctor’s opinion. What are you taking for the pain, by the way? If you’re not yet taking it, ask a doctor about trramadol. Very much helpful for joint pains. Also, try an ice pack on your knees when you feel the pain. It’ll help soothe the pain further. Hope this helps.

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

it is right too look for another doctors opinion as i had knee problems for a year or two and everytime i went to the doctors he would say theres nothing wrong with my knee it was just growing pains. but i did not listen and booked an appointment with a specialist and found out i had osteochondritis dissecans and because i hadnt treated it sooner the bone couldnt heal so i would say go see a specialist