Hello

My 10 year old daughter has started with bunions which are quite painful.  I have been to my DR and he is referring me to a specialist.  Anyone who had bunions at such a young age, can you answer me this question...

Can I do anything to encourage her feet to revert to how they were with her being so young, and her limbs so moldable ?

Do we really have nothing to look forward to only them getting worse, and heading to surgery when she is older, and maybe trouble after surgery. 

The only person I have had information off, said that she had both feet with bunions at a young age, one sorted itself out with home remedies and orthotics, but the other got much worse !!

Anyone out there please can you tell me what the prognosis is for my little girl ?

thanks

Kaz (UK)

I had them at the age of 6 and all my life still now at 33, I'm so sorry but I think it's all down hill from now :-( unfortunately my daughter at 7 also has them now, and it pains my heart to think what I went through with them, the only thing I can say is, I begged and begged my mum to do something about them, so at 10 she let me have the opp but because I was so young and still growing the came back with a vengeance so don't cave in!! Your little one just need a lot of love hugs and support from you and loads of reassurance from you and the doc xx good luck

Hi, what did you do? Are you planing for a surgery for your daughter or it got better with special shoes etc.????

Going through the same thing with my nine year old having bunions. They're "substantial" as her pediatrician put it. I think the pediatrician scared my poor daughter :( I have had bunions all my life and feel so guilty for passing them on to my child. It's an awful feeling. Always hiding my feet. We are going to see a specialist in a few days and I have been so nervous even losing sleep. I don't feel like anyone else understands. I know this thread is from over a year ago but it made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one in this situation. As a mom I never want my child to have to suffer and I just want to cry!