I have a nine year old daughter whom i think has some kind of bosesive disorder. It frist start out with thumb sucking and then that stopped and she went on to smelling herself and her food, now she holds her chest and makes it seem as though see cant breath but when i ask her what is wrong she says nothing. She is really starting to worry me and her father if anyone knows what this could be please write me back.

edited by moderator***emails not allowed

Catrina Portee

If you're that worried, take to see a doctor. The thumbsucking, I think, is not signaling she's physically ill, nor the smelling herself and her food. But the holding her chest as if she can't breathe good, I'd check in on that. Hope I helped. :-)

Hi there! Since you have no experience with such matter, it would be best if you took your daughter to a psychologist. If you think that her behaviour is not usual, or “normal” and that it started suddenly, you should address a professional and have a word with them.
If you don’t know any psychologist, you may take her to a pediatrician first, or talk to one and then a pediatrician could refer you to a specialist your daughter should see.
After having a word with your daughter or after examining her, this doctor could give you hints on how to behave yourself and what you could do to help your child.