Hello. I'm 23 year old male and I would like to get some information about my present condition.
The right side of my lower stomach, like, over my hip bone has been hurting for almost 24 hours now. I know that this could be caused by inflamed appendix but I'm very scared of possible operation.
The thing that confuses me is that I feel fine pretty otherwise, and I don't have a fever or anything.
I have heard that all these symptoms must show along with abdominal pain.
Is there any chance that something else could cause this kind of pain?
Thanks!

I'm a medical student and I know something about problem you have described. In a spot you have mentioned only colon with appendix is settled. If you were a woman I would tell you that pain on this side of abdomen could be also caused by ovary cyst but in your case, it could be only appendicitis.
You see, while mild cases may resolve without treatment, many require laparotomy with removal of the inflamed appendix.
Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may or may not occur, so you could develop this condition without these signs.
The longer you wait the longer you’re going to have the pain.