I had chance to hear appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix. My doctor told me the appendix is a worm-shaped pouch that projects from the cecum. I realized it should be the point at which the large intestine joins the small intestine. Since it hurts me, I know appendix is located in the lower right abdomen. Now my doctor wants to diagnose me so I wish to hear what treatment I will have if he confirms his doubt it is inflammation of appendix.

Anyone can get appendicitis, and it is the most common reason for emergency abdominal surgery, so it could be serious. Appendicitis is most likely to occur between the ages of 10 and 30, but most often in boys between the ages of 10 and 14 and girls 15 to 19. Inflamed appendix causes mild to severe pain that moves from the navel to the lower right abdomen, as I believe you have experienced. The lower right abdomen with appendix pain may be extremely sensitive to touch. In this case, the pain is often worse with movement and strain, such as sneezing, coughing, or taking a deep breath. Other symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, diarrhea, constipation, and weight loss. However, some people may not experience all of these symptoms, so this is not enough for diagnosing. That is why your doctor decided to have another diagnostic methods for sure diagnose. If it turns to be inflamed appendix, it should be treated with surgery to remove the appendix. Surgery is usually performed as soon as possible after the diagnosis has been made to avoid appendix to rupture. In many cases, appendectomies, or removing of appendix can be performed with laparoscopic surgery.