Can drugs used in treatment of pain caused by appendicitis to cause addiction? I think that I have appendicitis, because very often, almost every day, have pain in right lower part of abdomen. I take naproxen to reduce pain, but it seems that I have to increase the dose. Is naproxen proper drug for low stomach pain? I was not diagnosed appendicitis, but I suppose that it is the cause of the pain on the right side, isn’t it?

Pain on the right side may be caused by appendicitis, but appendicitis is not condition that should be treated with pain killers. If I were you I’d visit my doctor today! If you do have appendicitis, and your appendix ruptures before the surgery, you may have bad complications. I don’t think that naproxen causes addiction; it seems to me that your health problem doesn’t respond on naproxen. In appendicitis it is common nausea, vomiting and pain in leg to occur, but not necessarily. There are many reasons for stomach pain, so differential diagnosis should be made to exclude one by one, and find the cause of you permanent stomach pain. You shouldn’t wait any longer to visit your doctor.