Hello. I'm 29 year old female and I'm pretty worried for my only son’s health. Just recently, he started to complain on some strange stomach problems he has never experienced before.
Almost for three days now he is suffering from constant low grade fever and loss of appetite.
I didn’t consider this to be anything serious and alarming but when he started to suffer from strong pain located in his lower right abdomen I took him to see a doctor immediately.
He told me that he is suspecting on appendicitis but he needs to leave him to stay over night in hospital to do some tests to be sure. What should I know about this condition?

Hello. I'm very sorry that your son could developed this condition but I insure you that he isn’t alone with it because many children develop this condition and recover from completely in few days. Appendicitis mostly affects kids who are between the ages of 11 and 20.
Appendicitis, an inflammation of the appendix, isn't a very common cause of abdominal pain, but it is something that parents tend to worry about. This is probably because when it does happen it requires medical attention right away.
Like I said, appendicitis is treated by removing the inflamed appendix through a procedure called appendectomy.
An appendectomy usually requires a 2 to 3-day hospital stay and soon after child recover completely. Pain medications are also being prescribed if needed.