I have a question regarding I think my appendix-what is appendicolith. I felt this strange pain around my navel for quite some time now and yesterday I was actually diagnosed with acute appendicitis. Does that means that I have appendix inflammation and how for sake I lived for so long with what is called like that. And again this appendocolith-what is that? Thanks

Well, I am also pretty much confused with all these terms and as for appendocolith I think it has something to do with some kind of a calcification that usually is forming somewhere in around the pelvic area meaning in the lower part of the abdomen and when it is located near the appendix there you have appendicitis. And I don't think it is something to worry that much I also had appendix inflammation about 6 years ago and it was caused by some bacterial infection and I remember my doc was talking something about appendocolith saying that it was calcified deposit within my appendix. So in my case appendicolith was detected when my appendix got inflamed so I had a surgery my appendix was removed and ever since that I feel great. It was laparoscopy that I don't even remember it anymore for it was so quick I got recovered within few days and I hope that if your appendicolith is detected within your appendix-and this is probably the reason that has caused you having acute appendicitis you better go and get removed your inflamed appendix I think it is the best and only solution in your case.

My son has appendocolith which I was to is calcified deposits in and around his appendix which could cause an infection which would make his appendix rupture. The doctor put him on Amerilax for a year in order to fix the problem. I have done some research of my own and discovered Appendocolith could be misdiagnosed and could actually be cancerous. Now my son has blood in his stool and it's not the normal blood from just being constipated. I have to take him back to the doctor to be sure.

my son was taken to the e.r.with pain in the lower right side. he was then taken to get a ct scan which showed the appendocolith. he was kept over night then sent home with a surgery date for the next month. his pain level increased and i took him back to the hospital and he was admitted. surgery was the next day and i was told the appendix was inflammed. luckly it was taken in time. no damage was done and it was taken before it ruptured

Now am affected by appendicitis. But my scan report says no evidence of period perpendicular abscess/ mass lession/ appendicolith.. Can I know what's these mean.. I had severe pain when the appendicitis started now there is no pain. Whether in this case, this need surgery?? Pls reply

i am a 12 year old girl and i  was diagnosed with an apendicolith 3 months ago. but the doctors in the er said that they wouldn't proform an appendectomy until the apendicolith falls into my apedix and ruptures it. so even though i'm in pain (it comes and goes without warning), and i feel like vomiting, the doctors won't do anything until i'm in extreme pain, screaming my head off 'cause it hurts so bad.

Why go back to a treatment system that did not work and cannot cure but only remove the appendix?