Few days ago my husband felt mild pain that moves from the navel to the lower right abdomen. His lower right abdomen is extremely sensitive to touch. His pain is often worse with movement and strain, such as sneezing, coughing, or taking a deep breath. I am afraid that could be appendicitis, so I would like to know if those are really symptoms of it. Also I would like to know more about appendicitis, what causes it and how it is treated.

What you wrote really are symptoms of appendicitis, so maybe your husband should visit the doctor, just to check it. There are also some other symptoms, which may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, diarrhea, constipation, weight loss, and a swollen abdomen. Also, some people may not experience all of these symptoms. The appendix is a closed-ended, narrow tube that attaches to the cecum like a worm. The inner lining of the appendix produces a small amount of mucus. This mucus flows through the appendix and into the cecum. The wall of the appendix contains lymphatic tissue that is part of the immune system. Appendicitis is inflammation of this appendix. It is thought that appendicitis begins when the opening from the appendix into the cecum becomes blocked by any reason. Researchers are not sure what causes appendicitis, but it is thought it might be a blockage between the large intestine and appendix, or a viral or bacterial infection.

Been there because my hubby was in the exact same situation. And yes, those are definitely the symptoms of appendicitis. At the beginning when my husband was complaining of several symptoms we didn't know what this is. So, of course, we went to the doctor immediately. The doctor did a lot of different tests just to be sure what this is all about and after some time, we find out that he was diagnosed with the acute appendicitis. We started to fight against it and it is OK so far, but the main problem is that my husband is in pain and it seems that this pain won't go away. So, I sincerely hope that it will be a little bit better after all those therapies.