I'm an 18 year old female. I've had a terrible ache in my lower right abdomen, it started last wednesday and hasn't stopped since. I've been getting hot and cold flushes and I feel weak. On the friday and saturday night I felt very nauseous and nearly threw up several times. Saturday was the worst, in the evening the ache got a bit more painful and I felt very feverish and I had to sit down, it went back to the normal ache after about 30 mins but I had very shakey legs. I've also been getting headaches since I haven't been eating very much. I've been urinating frequently as well. I've noticed I feel a bit better when I press my hand over it lightly.

I went to see the doctor about it on friday and he took a urine sample and said there was blood in it, but no nitrates (that would indicate infection). He did the pressure and rebound test as well but I didn't find it painful, just very uncomfortable. He also took blood tests and I called up today to get my results and they've come back normal. But I still have the pain in my right side (sort of between the right hipbone and the navel), nausea, dizzyness and the other symptoms mentioned above.

I'm now very confused and a bit worried
Any thoughts or ideas of what could be happening?
I've been considering going to the hospital to ask for some sort of scan, would that be sensible?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks :'(

You know your body better than anyone and if you're experiencing pain that isn't normal for you - I would definitely have it checked out/request some diagnostic tests maybe. I'm 40 years old, have had my appendix and gallbladder out and recently went to the Dr and ER for lower right pain/fever that looked like appendicitis (although I don't have my appendix anymore). I have some follow-up tests and am not exactly sure yet what happened - but I always go with my gut when it comes to my health. If it's making you nervous and it's not normal for you - then I would push further for an explanation. Good luck!

I had a similar problem last spring. They did blood, urine tests and pushed around on my abdomen but I wasnt 'guarding' so that's where they ruled out appendicitis. They referred me to a gynecologist where they did an ultrasound and found a large ovarian cyst. It may be worth it to look into a gynecologist. I'm 15